HybridZ

Chrome-ring style headlight cover wanted

Twentyfourouncer

Guest 280ZForce

honestly man, it's hard enough to find the jdm covers in general as a set. your chances of finding someone to just part with or just sell 1 of the covers is slim to none.

I see you having to buy a whole new set just because of the rarity of these as they as NLA parts.

I know. But I found 1 already from EvilC which has led me to this chase. I have a set of the aftermarket reproductions, and they just don't look as good as the originals, so now I am looking for another original one. I'm not in a hurry, and maybe I'll get lucky and somebody that has had a fender-bender in their Z (god-forbid) will have what I need. I would imagine people would hold onto these things like Clive did and maybe they will stumble upon my ad.

• 1 month later...

Well I have a friend that has 3 new pair, although he is not intrested in getting rid of them. However we realize the rareity of the plexiglass part. A few friends have talked of reproducing the lens through a vacume process using originals as a mold. If this ever happens I will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this is thread related and will bump it, I hope this is not considered a threadjack, especially considering the overwhelming response to 24oz'rs request

Anyhoo... is that repro in the picture like what you will get from Thailand on Ebay?

To be more specific, there is one seller, 'gira7777' who puts up a set once in awhile (has one set for sale presently as a matter of fact). Not so often to appear he has a continuous inventory, as one would expect with repros, and they are used. I ask because his photos don't show this angle and it's hard to tell, so looking for anyone with an opinion or preferably experience with this seller or repros in general (?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...