HybridZ

10 lbs. o' boost.

jayzrocket

I have a ?. If I were to install a simple boost controller and set it @ 10lbs., would I need to do anything else? Just want to grow into slowly. I guess what Im asking is can I do this and nothing else right now? Or is there a series of things I need to do also, like FPR or Injectors. Can the factory stuff hang w/ the extra poundage? By the way the fact. turbo is fresh and I put new gaskets and seals,(conversion set) in the engine.

Thanks for any info or educated input.

You'll have to remove or modify the popoff valve which I believe opens around 9 lbs on a stock 280zxt. Search for the popoff valve modification, it involves adding fender washers to make the internal spring stiffer. If you go the removal route (not recommended) you'll need a 1" pipe plug to close off the openning.

since you are looking for the quick and easy. Yes will do fine. Plug off the relief valve you aren't talking 1200 psi here. If you haven't done the other easy things like improved air intake system and improved exhaust flow I would also address that particularly the intake system. Did the same on my 81 and she ran fine and still is according to the guy who owns her now. Might want to advance the timing a tad.