HybridZ

USPS sucks!!!!

AK-Z

I ordered a fmic on the 17th and its still not here. status says, expect package for mailing and its been like that this whole time. I've been in touch with the seller regularly and she's been trying to find where the package is in the snail mail system. USPS even contacted me, so I know I'm not getting screwed by the seller. Seller has even emailed me a scan of the receipt.

Anything I buy from now on, I'm demanding UPS.

call your local PO or pay them a visit. I know when things get lost in the USPS, you need to wait a long time before they send out a search party. It is annoying. OTOH, I have had many packages lost by FedEx and UPS as well. None of them are 100%.

Nonononono! Not UPS. I bought my brakes from bajaracer and they were shipped via UPS. Long story short, the first box (55lbs) got here fine. The second box, which was shipped along with the first box, didn't arrive for another month. Not only that, but when it did arrive, it was missing BOTH rotors/spacers and bolts. This whole ordeal took about 3 months and then we finally got UPS to get the seller a refund. At that point, he mailed them again through UPS (and it actually made it about 3 weeks later).

Basically what I'm trying to get at is this: UPS broke my box (and attempted to band-aid it with tons of tape), originally denied refund, after much finagling they refunded the seller and he had to ship a second time.

It's enough to make me never want to use UPS again. I could've had my car back on the road by this past August if UPS to screw up so bad.

USPS, Fedex, UPS ... they all screw up. They all break packages, they all lose things, none of them has a properly functional tracking system. I and my family have had problems with all three, in about the same proportions, so now I just use whoever sounds cheapest and fastest at the moment. Usually USPS lately.

I presume DHL is similar, but I've never dealt with them. Can't really speak either way.

Gotta disagree Hyuri. My experience is that it the UPS, DHL, and FedEx tracking systems are much better and the chances of finding a package that gets lost with any of them is also much better than with USPS. I use FedEx Ground for my mail order biz because they are the cheapest for the size boxes that I ship.

I've had the following tracking experience with USPS:

1. Customer calls, says they didn't get package.

2. Call USPS.

3. USPS calls customer to ask if they received the package.

4. USPS calls me to say that they didn't get it.

No kidding.

Can NOT stand USPS. I have nothing but bad experiences with them. The tracking system is almost never updated and they take longer than UPS. Used DHL once and never went back. I try to stick with UPS. Not saying that I havnt had issues with them to but they are much more reliable.

Just my experience.

When You Consider All Of The 1st Class Mail And Packages Usps

Handles, I Think They Do A Ok Job. Having Said That I Do Have Problems With The Delivery Person At My Office. Our Mail Goes Everywhere In The Complex And Vice-versa.

I don't see how they can "misplace" a box as big as it is (diesel fmic) and as light as it is, its not light someone didn't want to move it because it was too heavy.

I'll change my previous statement and say that I will demand DHL.

I use to work for a Apple comp franchise that did warranty repairs. Apple would send repair parts through DHL and actual merchandise through UPS.

Never lost a part DHL. Couple of computers were "misplaced" for a while :P

Fedex is the one i will never use.. if i have a choice. My package was way past over due, I receive a post card (usps) from fedex stating that fedex cant find my location and need to come pick up package at there office. WTH, they send a post card in the mail to tell me that they cant find my office. Pizza man never had any problems finding me I tell them. Morons!