HybridZ

5.4 Triton Eaton Lightning Identification Supercharger

zgeezer

I acquired these Ford parts and I cannot make a firm identification. I've been told that the engine is a 5.4 Prototype Lightning Triton with "head work" by the factory.

Prototype_5_4.JPG

The intake and exhaust, I'm told, are off a Mustang as the previous owner was preparing the engine for installation into his 90 something Mustang.

Ford_Front_View.JPG

The transmission is represented as being a high performance truck at.

Ford_Trans.JPG

Both heads do have the same serial number inscribed by hand on both heads.

Serial_on_Head_2.JPG

I think this supercharger is an Eaton, but I don't know what size or if it even came off a Ford Lightning. The only Ford logo is on the throttle body mounted to the J tube.

Bottom_of_supercharger.JPG

Included in the package is a box of wiring looms which also include these two CPUs. Again, the tech guy at my small Ford agency could not id these computers [i didn't believe him either.]

Ford_ECU.JPG

This is the bar code on the back of the J tube.

Bar_Code_on_J_tube.JPG

I would appreciate any information you might have.

Ford_ECU.JPG

Guest 280ZForce

the EK01 ecu is from a Ford 150 Lightning 5.4L s/c truck.

all i did was google the long #s under the bar code.

The other ecu i can't seem to find anything on google, but maybe you can confirm the #s on it... I'm reading on th ECP3 ecu, under the bar code: F75F-12A650-AAD?

the EK01 ecu is from a Ford 150 Lightning 5.4L s/c truck.

all i did was google the long #s under the bar code.

The other ecu i can't seem to find anything on google, but maybe you can confirm the #s on it... I'm reading on th ECP3 ecu, under the bar code: F75F-12A650-AAD?

Thanks for the information; it confirms that at least some of the parts are Lightning related.

Here is a clearer photograph of the engine serial number. This number is repeated on the heads by hand etching. I've googled this number and posted it on other Ford sites, but no one has any information.

Truck_Label.jpg

G

• 1 year later...