HybridZ
getZ

72 240z 383sbc with many mods

getZ    14

okay the lowest I will go is $8400. If not, I'm going to just use it for a strip car that I can get to the track and back without a trailer. I still have a few bugs to sort out, but it drives fine. I'd like to take out this weekend and run it around with the data logger and see how the AFR is moving around at part throttle and transition to see if I need to rejet the carb.

Temperature on the car this time of year is a bit on the cool side. Just sitting in the garage idling the thermostat is opening and closing driving the temp from 165 to 190 with a 165 degree thremostat. It shows I have enough capacity in the cooling, but I will probably change the thermostat up to a 185.

getZ    14
Wow great deal.... have you noticed any cracks in the paint above the 1/4 windows???

Would you trust driving it 800 miles this time of the year???

I haven't noticed any cracks, but I have never launched the car hard on a drag strip.

Driving it 800 miles? I'm not so sure, personaly I wouldn't do it. My biggest concerns were overheating and running out of gas. Right now the temperature is cycling between 195 and 165 as the thermostat opens and closes so it looks like it has capacity in the cooling system. I've had a couple of issues with the low speed fan not coming on, but I never found the problem, it kind just starts working again. On a more positive note the high speed has never failed. I would guess there is a bad connection somewhere.

The gas guage doesn't seem to have the right range. It has a new sending unit, but it only goes to almost half when the tank is full. When it's about empty the guage does read empty.

getZ    14
Can you post pics of the suspension with the tires off and up under the diff area.

I assume you mean pics of only the rear suspension? What are you looking for exactly? Do you want to see possible rust areas, craftsmanship, etc. The only reason I ask is the view is pretty limited with so much stuff in the way. If you name specifics I can focus better. There are some picures of the CVs, fuel pump and a few other parts in the archives is you do a search on getz.

stony    11

You said it had coilovers and i just wanted to see what they look like.

Just so you know i am currently taking bids on how much my red car is going to take to finish. If they come in too high i'm going to sell both cars and buy one that is close to finished and put my drive train in it and have more of a street car. Your car is on the top of the list of cars i would buy once this happens. that's the reason for all the questions.

getZ    14
You said it had coilovers and i just wanted to see what they look like.

Just so you know i am currently taking bids on how much my red car is going to take to finish. If they come in too high i'm going to sell both cars and buy one that is close to finished and put my drive train in it and have more of a street car. Your car is on the top of the list of cars i would buy once this happens. that's the reason for all the questions.

I will try and get the pics tonight. I have the long adjustment tubes from modern motorsport and two sets of springs (250 lbs) springs in different lengths.

Guest chippy   
Guest chippy

This looks is a sweet car getZ! I'm definately interested, but if I were to purchase it'd have to make the trek back to MN. This is a sweet Z though!

sickboy    9

I thought you had it sold. Last week a guy contacted me to ask about previous history of the car and it sounded like he was ready to send you a check. So I'll say it here to all prospective buyers: This car had original paint when I got it, it was straight with no rust anywhere and no evidence of any accident repair. It had been in Tucson most (if not all) of it's life. It was stock when I owned it (all mods performed by getz). Good luck with the sale.

I thought you had it sold. Last week a guy contacted me to ask about previous history of the car and it sounded like he was ready to send you a check. So I'll say it here to all prospective buyers: This car had original paint when I got it, it was straight with no rust anywhere and no evidence of any accident repair. It had been in Tucson most (if not all) of it's life. It was stock when I owned it (all mods performed by getz). Good luck with the sale.

What up sickboy? Yah, I'm buying the car and having it shipped to Texas. We are justing waiting for the title. :)