HybridZ

Corvette Z06 brakes 240z

Guest NESS89

Hey, does anyone know if anyone has swapped the brakes off of a corvette z06 onto a 240z? is there a kit out there or has anyone ever done this? any info is appreciated. thanks

No kit. One member here, 240hoke, used Corvette front hubs and brakes, but I'm not sure what year they were off of and whether it was a C4, C5 or C6. I'm pretty sure they weren't C3 or older. Do a search and you may find some info, or you could PM him directly about it.

I had a set of calipers I was going to use, but instead went with the Ford Mustang/Cobra "stuff" because someone else was making the kit and it was just easier.

The C5 corvette brakes are some of the best OEM brakes I've ever driven on a track car.

Mike

Hi Guys, I installed a set on my car earlier this year, very happy with the result. Also using Stoptech 330mm Aerorotors and Racebrake ET800 pads. Excuse the quality of the pics (mobile phone).

how did u mount these up? are you using the z06 in the rear also?

Had some custom adaptors fabricated out of aluminium, not an easy task.

the installation is very tight.

My rear brakes are 286 by 25mm vented rotors with a sliding piston caliper, they are off a locally produced Ford with competition pads and ducting for cooling.

they are holding up OK for now, maybe at a later date I will upgrade to the 4 piston rears.

Higher priority is to upgrade my turbos to some new Garretts.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the "classic" Toyota S12W front calipers and are interesting how the ford mustang rear calipers works together with bigger front brakes. There are a lot of discussions about bad balance between these two kit..

I can't speak of better balance as I don't race the car but they work fine on the street.