HybridZ

260Z 2+2 1974 Project +1000hp

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driveshaft is not ready yet. When its done it should be driveable, but there is no rush to drive it. All depends on weather, because its winter now :)

Maybe dynotune with trailer. So it is possible to break the engine before summer :D

Today small engine tune and getting it warm. It runs smoother. Have to fix couple of small leaks now. (injector 5 fuel rail and turbo water return flange)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bauryGPiIaw

Before putting boost to engine, I started to build new short block from 2JZ-GTE, and it will be backup if I break current engine :)

Billet main caps incoming, probably stroker crankshaft, custom pistons, better connecting rods and much more.

TSCF2151.jpg?m=1417901335TSCF2158.jpg?m=1417901341

TSCF2159.jpg?m=1417901344

Its a 2JZ, it won't break. :D

Its homemade, you newer know...

I tested Defi gauges while engine running. Had to order one new sensor cable for oil temp. All other worked fine.

Today I made better brackets for gauges. Soon that dash is ready for installation.

TSCF2161.jpg?m=1417982270TSCF2165.jpg?m=1418072221

TSCF2166.jpg?m=1418072220TSCF2167.jpg?m=1418072215

Nice work with the gauge mounts, but why did you use a massive boost gauge instead of a speedo.

My Speedhut gauges are great, but those defi are definitely better quality, if only I could have budgeted for them.

I bought those gauges long time ago and I thought it was good idea to get something special (115mm boost gauge).

Im gonna use digital gps speedometer on top of the dash. Probably with external gps antenna.

Dash is now in place and it looks good already. Pictures coming later. I continued with wiring.