260Z 2+2 1974 Project +1000hp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty nifty tail conversion, did you buy those pieces you'd tacked on, or are you making these as well?

Also what did you use to undercoat the bottom of your Z?

Phar

Making those pieces off course. I will make aero diffusor later and little modifications to fuel cell bracket.

There is 3 different paint in bottom. Zinc fill, epoxy and alkyd-paint.

Looks pretty good to me. I've been trying to decide on which airdam to get for mine. I've been thinking msa type I or type II. but it's hard to figure. I might just get the whole body kit since it's not that much more.

What are you going to have to do prep-wise to paint your dam, is it basically the same deal, primer snad and paint just like the metal parts or is there special considerations since it's flexible?

Phar

What are you going to have to do prep-wise to paint your dam, is it basically the same deal, primer snad and paint just like the metal parts or is there special considerations since it's flexible?

Phar

Probably sanding and then new primer.

Rear end is getting new shape.

IMG_4642.jpg

Hey that rear end is looking really sweet, you sure do good work, I'm still very impressed. Are you concerned about water spraying up inside it from behind? It looks like you cut out the old panel and welded your new one in place. but how are you sealing it since it didn't look like you welded the inside?

Phar

IMG_4753.jpg

Please tell me that the toolboxes under the wheels are purely so that you can see how the wheels will look with flares. Please also tell me that is a car stand at the bottom of the photo. Would hate to see someone not finish their project because they are squashed.

If you are wondering why there is a wheel and tyre..

It´s because I was measuring what could be ride height for car. With new flares, and without.

Those are summer wheels from my other car. Off course I will test fit again with suspension parts.

When i know what is best wheel offset for my car... I will order new wheels, with correct offset. Before that... it is testing with spacers.

IMG_4657.jpg

• 1 month later...