HybridZ

260Z 2+2 1974 Project +1000hp

I´m not sure which diff I will put into car. It could be stock R200 with Quaife LSD.

What bearing issue do you mean? Fronts are same size as stock and I have new ones.

How big rotors they make for Z31?

was talking about the rear bearings, aren't the stock 260/280 Z bearings small for the Z31 shafts?

I'm not sure how large the rotors are on a Z31

Phar

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Little bit testing with big Alcon calipers and 17x8" ET30 wheel. That wheel is from my daily driven and not for Zed, wrong offset...

http://toni.dnsf.org/260zrojekti/jarrut/

bottom 8 pictures

Discs and calipers certainly look good. How are you thinking to mount them to the stock strut tower? I was thinking pehaps mounting a plate to the back that then had two other holes drilled to accept the caliper bolts.

I dunno maybe something like this, I know my photoshop skills suck.

caliper 1_thumb.jpg

caliper 2_thumb.jpg

was talking about the rear bearings, aren't the stock 260/280 Z bearings small for the Z31 shafts?

Phar

I haven´t been working with these parts but if I fit Z31 shafts I will use custom bearing. Not any Datsun/Nissan stuff.

And yes, I can install those calipers with adapter. I will do it later when front bearing, hub/disc are bolted on and in correct place. I have to modify that strut for Coil-over install first..

• 1 month later...

Something new. I found CLSD from Datsuns´s R200 diff. There is written LOM59, so could be Nismo?

I bought Defi-gauges and more is coming. 115mm tachometer and maybe 115mm boost. 60mm oil pressure would be nice too.

Some parts restored and painted. No more rust.

perat.jpg

perat2.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

tilanne3.jpg

maalattu.jpg

maalattu2.jpg

BTW, Many finns have invaded hybridZ... :D

That makes me think......

The city of Lake Worth, Florida (supposedly? I verified it somewhere, at some point, but I can't place 100% confidence in this factoid) has the largest community of Finnish persons outside of Finland in the world.

I've known lots of Finns and always found them to be exceptionally pleasant, enjoyable, and downright friendly people.. but if any of you folks have relatives over here that you should happen to visit, West Palm Beach is right next door to Lake Worth, and you guys are more than welcome to drop me or my brother (cobra_tim) a line if you'd like to visit and talk Datsun. Or, if you could use a Datsun friend state-side and know someone local.. Just putting the offer out there!

• 2 weeks later...
So what made you decide on this engine? What Tranny and gear ratio are you going to be using? Something that size, You're going to have plenty of room in the front of the car.

Phar

2JZ got potential to be powerful engine. Naturally aspirated version too.

Tranny maybe R154 from 1JZ or something better (Tremec Tko-600 is intresting, but expensive and requires much work).

Now I´m working with coilover suspension. Tein Flex with EDFC from Subaru Impreza.

Today i was measuring everything so local metalshop can make new Sleeves. http://toni.dnsf.org/tolppien_suunnittelua/

New intake-project started too..

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

With 220mm sleeves in front:

- height from stock to - 85mm and - 50mm more if you adjust spring.

280mm sleeve rear:

- height from stock to -90mm and again 50mm more with spring adjust.

- Or + 120mm :-D

Well, those are only my measurements to 2+2 with those Tein coilovers.

Wow, you definitely have to go and take some photos of what they are going to do and make a good write up. That looks very interesting.

P.S. Why must cats always lie on or in between stuff? My wife's cat does it all the time and it is really annoying.

Wow, you definitely have to go and take some photos of what they are going to do and make a good write up. That looks very interesting.

P.S. Why must cats always lie on or in between stuff? My wife's cat does it all the time and it is really annoying.

Well, they only make correct thread to new steel pipe. So it can fit to Tein coilover.

It is possible to make from original lower (green) part, but i didn´t want to cut those right now. And that new pipe need to be welded to original strut.

Today i was drawing new camber plates, whitch have to be water/lasercut from 5mm steel. And again there is no need to original Tein upper plates.

I made little bit more camber adjust.

IMG_4173.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Planning front suspension and crossmember modifications

- New holes for control arms, to avoid bump steer

- Spacers for better roll center, 25mm probably not enough.

- Old engine mounts out...

I got camber plates today and started installation. pics: http://toni.dnsf.org/laipat/

I bought new rear wheel bearings for Z31 hubs and took old suspension strut pipes out. There will be lots of modifications in rear suspension.

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg