HybridZ

Fast CGI errror?

JSM

Anyone else getting intermitent issues w/ this error? I switched to a different PC and it's a little better but not much. Sometimes the screen will go blank and just have the error listed.

Where the adds are also it says Page cannot be displayed.

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

The FastCGI process has failed frequently recently. Try the request again in a while

Error Number: -2147467259 (0x80004005).

Error Description: Unspecified error

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Guest Widebodys30

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request. Error Details:

• The FastCGI process has failed frequently recently. Try the request again in a while
  • Error Number: -2147467259 (0x80004005).
  • Error Description: Unspecified error

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Here too.

@ 3 outta 4 tries to navigate to a page now.

Is this on this host server ????

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FastCGI

FastCGI is a way to have CGI scripts execute time-consuming code (like opening a database) only once, rather than every time the script is loaded. To use FastCGI you will need to:

1. Enable it in the control panel under Domains -> Manage Domains -> Web Hosting -> Edit.
  2. Make some minor changes to your scripts (detailed below).
  3. Name your script with an .fcgi extension, or add the line "SetHandler fastcgi-script" to your .htaccess file. (One user says editing .htaccess this way might cause problems depending upon where you put your files.)

In technical terms, FastCGI is a language independent, scalable, open extension to CGI that provides high performance without the limitations of server specific APIs. fastcgi.com, fastcgi.com FAQ.

• 1 month later...

I've been having these errors for the past month or two. I created a new account (this one) to see if that changed anything, and HybridZ runs fine on this account. But on my old account (jknc90) im lucky if the pages load up at all. I usually have to refresh the pages a couple times before the error goes away and the actual page comes up.

Any help?

I've been having these errors for the past month or two. I created a new account (this one) to see if that changed anything, and HybridZ runs fine on this account. But on my old account (jknc90) im lucky if the pages load up at all. I usually have to refresh the pages a couple times before the error goes away and the actual page comes up.

Any help?

Have you tried emptying the cache and deleting your cookies? That should be the first thing you try.

Also, if you stay logged in (you click "Remember Me" when you sign in.) you can try logging out and back in. Sometimes VBulletin will hang on an old login for some reason.