HybridZ

Nissan GTR vs. Corvette ZR1

TravRMK

IHMO this was like comparing apples to oranges. They took a cheaper, heavier, less powerful car that competed against a costlier, lighter more powerful car. Did they really expect the GTR to win? Granted, it's a bit more sophisticated, but the numbers don't lie.

I Love the ZR1, but watch this video, and towards the end look at the rear panel. WTF?

Unsuported urethane? Why do that when the rest is sporting carbon fiber? I guess to save a couple of bucks on a six figure car.

Whoa! Makes me wonder if they did some "lightening" to get it's weight down for tests.

Guest 280ZForce

what's funny is how close a BASE GTR is to a highly modified/lightened production Vette.

the real test should be a V-Spec GTR vs the ZR1 Vette... and I'm going to guess the v-spec would take the cake and eat it too!

Yeah, me too. I think from the vids that I have watched the gtr is definately easier to drive to it's limits than other cars. That doesn't mean you'll be the fastest but probably faster than if you were driving the vette that requires alot of throttle control along with alot of driving skills.

But the Viper ACR rules them both on the 'Ring with a 7:22.1. And the team that ran it there said that with more than half a day of testing the could have gotten more time off.

Excellent article on that by Motor Trend. Exclusive bit done on the event.