HybridZ

My NEW Z Project.

I just recently picked up my 1974 Datsun 260z for $300.

The car has only 134k original miles on the l26, which is for sale right now with the motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, and maybe the driveshaft.

The car has almost everything all original, unfortunately the wheels are not :(.

It has all white leather interior, though is not on the car.

I bought the car for $300, knowing for the rare cars these are, that the car was going to have problems.

It unfortunately has rust on the floor pan, rails, and surface rust. Nothing that isn't repairable. But it will take time.

I am planning to go with a VG30ET swap. Since I already have the VG, and I am already in the process of buying and installing a turbo on it.

It came out of my brothers 1986 Nissan 300zx N/A. Which will be pictured below with mine.

I have many other plans for this car, but here is my progress so far and 1 or 2 pics of what i'm planning to make it look like.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Day 1:

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03709.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03760.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

Current Day:

DSC03733.jpg

DSC03732.jpg

DSC03747.jpg

DSC03745.jpg

A pic of my brothers Z:

DSC03449.jpg

What I hope it to be some day:

untitled-5.jpg

S30burnout.jpg

Which would you pick??

Thx bro..

Did I forget to mention in the thread that i'm only 15 years old? :D

good! cause if you start with the VG30ET at this age, you'll have no hair to pull out when you move onto better things. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

all jokes aside, it's not as bad as I make it sound. I just wish some things weren't designed the way they were in most cases. It seems Nissan built the car around the VG30ET's, and forgot that people need to work on them sooner or later. HA!

You're 15? Bwahahahaa! Unless that's someone else in that photo, I thought you were at least as old as me! Good thing you're starting at that age. With luck, you'll be able to have it streetworthy before you're old enough to worry about the other things in life. That, and you'll get to know your car a lot better.

Seeing those photos makes me really miss the desert too. Even if the dust gets into everything, the year 'round *mostly* dry climate is a lot better for the car than up here in the northeast. Just make sure you replace that weatherstrip for when it does rain, mine is all dryrotted from the majority of the car's life in the southwest.

Good to see you're ambitious enough to take such a project into your hands. I wish I could have started mine while I was in highschool... Just keep up the good work and don't get discouraged!

Oh, and I second that comment about the jackstands. Better play it safe than sorry, or you won't be around to enjoy the Z later. Just run down to the local walmart and pick up a few, that's what I did. Haven't failed me yet.... and they're cheap. Bodily injury is not.

I like threads where people post multiple pictures of assorted cars. This thread makes you my friend. :lmao: Looks like a nice project man. :cool: I'm hoping to pick up a 260z here in a couple weeks.

thx bro..

I just saw ur thread too, that is a GREAT find.

Super clean. Hoping to see more pics of urs soon.

• 2 weeks later...