HybridZ

Orginal 1977 280z Droopy mirrors

Hey guys!!! I just purchased a 280z yesterday for like 1800.

and im freakin happy like craaazy.

aanyways for that price, its bound to have little problems here and there.

For starters, Both of my mirrors on the 1977 280z keep loosening up. So when im driving, the mirrors are basically pointing really down, all the time.

can anybody help me????

or should i just buy new mirrors. haha

thanks!!

Hey guys!!! I just purchased a 280z yesterday for like 1800.

and im freakin happy like craaazy.

aanyways for that price, its bound to have little problems here and there.

For starters, Both of my mirrors on the 1977 280z keep loosening up. So when im driving, the mirrors are basically pointing really down, all the time.

can anybody help me????

or should i just buy new mirrors. haha

thanks!!

Are they the chrome mirrors? If they are the dealer installed mirrors or black pearl mirrors this link may be of help.

http://www.v8-240z.com/Files/Datsun/Mirrors/Z_Car_Mirror_Repair.htm

that doesn't sound stock, so there is no telling, really.. but there is oftentimes a screw hat somehow bottoms out at a pivot point. Look for a screw or a hidden screw somewhere on the back side of the mirror. If that fails, try pulling one off of the door to see if there is a screw on the under side of the foot.

A picture of the mirror would be more valuable than a pagelong description of it here

I have those on the 260Z. Take the rubber boot and pull it back. There should be two screws securing the mirror to the door. Remove the mirrors, tighten the screw on the backside of the mirror once it's off the car (it holds the pivot point) and then mount them back on the car. I did that when I first got my Z, haven't had a problem since. Been months now, since July.