HybridZ

Project Turbo LS1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any new developments?

Sort of... Now I've got a whole bunch of little things to work out. I swapped the car over to the new heads just this past weekend and got it running. Have fatty exhaust leaks on the header flanges from re using the factory gaskets too many times. :wink: Also... Before I take her to the track, I need to finish the roll cage, install the drive shaft loop, and buy me some fire proof clothing. And get the boost set with a good amount of tuning. I already know the car is going to be a monster. I went out for a little test drive, hit 6psi at roughly 1/2 throttle and left a certain individual's RB26 powered Z in the rear view. :x I am going to run about 10 psi and tune with that.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have a fan set up ? in your vids and pics I dont see a fan ? what are you doing for cooling ? thanks for the info

I've got a 14" spal pusher stuffed between the radiator and the intercooler. Seems to be doing the trick. This car is going to be down for a little while. I can't seem to get it running right, and its doing a very good job of frustrating the hell out of me. I need to take a step back and relax. Seems like it only runs good at WOT, which would be good if it was a track only car. But my intentions for the car are to have a reliable, drive every day if I want to street / strip car. ugh......

hey David, are you running a 2 bar map sensor and tune? I'm just curious if it has anything to do with your drivability issues?

I'm not running the 2 bar speed density yet, I have to get a whole other PCM to do so since the serial number burned into my current PCM is not identifiable. Anywho... the car starts running like ass when I'm just cruising. Not even in any kind of boost. I'm honestly contemplating selling this kit. Who would be interested? And what kind of price range would it be worth? I have no idea. Things were much less complicated when I was N/A. Ahhhh the good 'ol days....

Why don't you find a reputable tuner in your area that is familiar with the software and boosted applications and see if he can workout your boost issues! You're so freakin close man! I hate seeing ppl give up just cuz of a frustration. Its not running right for a particular reason....once u figure the problem out its going to be a nasty a$$ Z straight up.

I feel u need to take a break from wrenching and getting worked up about it, go do something outside of workon in the Z, then try to jump back in to tuning. Read up on tuning, call tuners and ask for any input they might have.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! I have faith, especially when we see ur fab skills with a $200 welder. lol

Anyways, take care and good luck with whatever path you choose...

Well.... I pulled all the turbo stuff off the car this last weekend. I blew out another exhaust manifold gasket. I bought some bling carbon steel exhaust gaskets just for this reason, and they took a dump in less then 100 miles. This is the second set of gaskets that I've put on the car in less then 200 miles. If I'm already have problems like this after only a couple hundred miles... I don't want to even imagine the kind of issues I'm going to run into after a couple thousand. Anyways.... I'm converting back to N/A, I hung onto my heads for just such an occasion. I'm going to try and make as much power I can like this, and see if I can accomplish my goals at the track. Everything is for sale BTW! If you want any particular pieces, let me know.