HybridZ

Let us kill the rb26 mated to rb25 tranny questions.

zilvia_gt

When I was getting my GTR halfcut (R32) and RB25 gearbox (supposed to be an R34 but could be bulldust) I remember trying to sort this out with the seller and thought I had got the correct clutch slave cylinder, however having had it resleeved, I tried fitting it tonite and it all looks wrong to me.

I didnt put the gearbox and the motor together so not sure whether it is push or pull. However looking at the clutch lever and the bolt holes setup on the gearbox I think it must be a pull clutch - the slave cylinder pushes the clutch lever forward which means that it must pull the release bearing backwards?

Secondly to get the slave cylinder to line up with the mounting holes and face in the correct direction (forwards) the hose fitting and bleed are between the slave cylinder and the gearbox which cant be right, therefore I also seem to have the wrong slave cylinder (this came with the R32 GTR halfcut)?

Can anyone verify from my photos attached:

(1) Do I have a pull clutch?

(2) Do I have the wrong slave cylinder?

GTR Clutch slave cylinder before fitting_thumb.jpg

GTR Clutch slave cylinder fitted_thumb.jpg

If it's a R34 box (supose to be a better updated box?), then it's a pull. I would think the slave could work on either, just flip it over...

That one pics appears to be a pull to me.

Thanks Joel, I agree it seems to be a pull

If I flip it over it will be facing the wrong way or too low to connect the other way. It's like I need a mirror image of it, maybe there's another slave cylinder to suit?

regards

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing an old thread back up . Can i use a RB26 PULL (yes pull) type clutch Exedy Carbon single plate clutch,with a Z32 tranny mated to RB26 bellhousing, its a combo clutch flywheel ?

Thank you very much .

I would disagree with the expense of these - I bought two for less than the $1000 quote - in Canada. Have used both and they are both working fine with no issues. I believe I know where there are a couple more reasonably priced - around $600 CAD.

Q

The reason some of us (cannot say what percentage or if it's a majority) don't do that is that some Americans (myself included) have heard multiple horror stories of importers selling Japanese parts out of Canada and shipping across the border. Multiple times, I have heard where stuff is completely stuffed (junk, useless) and it's obvious the seller knew it. There is absolutely no reciprocity since they are selling from another country.

When I did my research on buyers, etc., I saw many Canadian powertrain listings, but I was leery to buy one. I ended up buying from someone through HZ and I am happy. (Now if I could just finish the install) :rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

Very interesting reading all of your replies, was kinda looking for some specific help on my current situation. I have a 93 Z32 which after blowing 2 VG30DE motors and 1 VG30DETT motor am looking at RB26 swapping the car, i have already looked at a lot of the engine wiring and mounting issues that come with the swap but was curious about what i  would need transmission side to complete the swap. thanks in advance!