HybridZ

240Z Remote Master Cylinder Reservoir

I had some inquiries about this on another post, so I thought I would post a separate summary of a mod I did to remote-mount my Master Cylinder (MC) reservoir.

I needed to do this because the stock ones were going to interfere with one of the twin turbos I am mounting on my 350 Chevy V8 (more on this in a future post :-) )

First I used "Tilton Remote Inlet Fittings" from Pegasus Racing:

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1117

Turns out the Tilton MC reservoir flanges are the same diameter as the Z MC and these adapters fit perfectly They are only $3.80 each. (need 2) I also bought 2 new clamps, but the stock ones should work fine.

You could also buy new reservoirs from Pegasus, but with a little looking around in the local Pull-A-Part I found a reservoir from a Mitsubishi Eclipse (also used in Mirages, and Gallant) would work even better. It has a large capacity, dual outlets and even the lines that came with it worked great after clipping about an inch or so off. This reservoir even has a low fluid level switch that could be wire up if you wanted to (didn't do that yet).

I kept the bracket that Mitsubushi used to mount it to the firewall and "massaged" it a bit to mount it under the drivers side access panel.

Hope this helps anyone else who might need to do the same.

Paul

res_100_0816_thumb.JPG

10719_thumb.attach

res_100_0819_thumb.JPG

Glad you got that figured out. I hope that doesnt turn into a heat problem with the turbo SO close to the master cylinder. Its gonna be heating up your brake fluid before you even push the brakes... lol. Something to think about. I would try and come up with some kinda good heat shield to keep it insulated or you might find yourself in a world of problems.

I had some inquiries about this on another post, so I thought I would post a separate summary of a mod I did to remote-mount my Master Cylinder (MC) reservoir.

I needed to do this because the stock ones were going to interfere with one of the twin turbos I am mounting on my 350 Chevy V8 Paul

Paul, Did you get the brakes working? and did they bleed OK? I was going to mount my PV in the same location but was not sure if running the line above the MC and back down would create a area for a air pocket to develop.

Paul, Did you get the brakes working? and did they bleed OK? I was going to mount my PV in the same location but was not sure if running the line above the MC and back down would create a area for a air pocket to develop.

I have bled the brakes and have a firm pedal, though I haven't road tested it yet. Note that my MC is quite a bit higher than the stock location, so that could be why I don't have the issue you're concened about. To be honest, I hadn't thought about that :-)

The factory used a heat shield on the 280zx (I believe)

that should work nicely there.

Ah, that's good to know---looks good on there and would solve this problem for a number of us. I like using the stock parts from other vehicles if possible and that fits nicely.

Paul, thanks for posting the photos of the remote reservoir. I had never really looked at one (knowingly) until I read your posts. Nice!

Davy

• 1 month later...