HybridZ

MM rear disk brake conversion problem for 240z

Look at 1 tuff z's picture of his brakes. Your calipers are on the wrong side of the car. SWAP THEM LEFT TO RIGHT! If you don't, you will never be able to bleed them

:iagree:

Looks like your calipers are in fact on the wrong side. Remember bleeder side is always up.

Here are some older pictures of mine during the mock-up:

24420404428.jpg

24420404478.jpg

Also the E-brake bracket is closest to the ground too. Good Luck!

just checked mine, no clearance issues. my flex line is mounted at the top of the caliper and i did NOT cross my ebrake cable [i have not heard this about the mml kit and i've run it for now for years without mechanical issues]. i suspect that you put the R caliper on the R side of the z and vice versa. they should be oppositely mounted L to R, and R one on the L.

when mounted the bleeder tubes should be on top as well as the flex lines.

check and let us know-here's a pic of mine when i first installed it.

240_rear_disc_driv_5_03.jpg

I got the cable swap thing from the instructions that were on his site and what also came with the kit. It works fine swapped, and before I did the swap under the car, I tried it normally, though I forget right now why it wouldn't work that way.

Greg

well perhaps i'm a moron then, i could have swore it was up. If its not, then, well everyone can kick me in the but. Please only one kick per person.

Thanks

Phil

*kick* ;)

You can clearly see in your photo that the bleeder is down, you have your calipers mixed R for L. Trust me, this setup works fine on low cars.

• 1 month later...