HybridZ

my z31 build

nismo kid

So I have decided to make my project thread. It al started when I was on my way to the store and saw my very first Z31. I figured way not stop by and check it out on my way back. My mother and I get out, taking a closer look and there wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the car. I asked the dealer ship owner how much for it and he told me 3500$. He also informed me he was the original owner. So I asked my mom if I could sell my very first car, which was a 71 nova. She told me if I really wanted to I could since I paid for it. It sold in 3 weeks for 3000$. I went to buy the Z and it was gone. That’s when the owner came out and told me he had sold it. 7 weeks later I went to New York and Massachusetts to visit my family for Christmas and new years. We arrive back to Texas and drive home to see that same red Z that I fell in love with. All I could think was who is the lucky bastard that got the car I wanted. I turned to my mom and asked if she knew. She says “I didn’t buy it so I don’t knowâ€. Disappointedly continuing to my room to discover a key hanging from my door knob. I cut the key off my door to take it to my mom and she says “go around and try it on thingsâ€. I try it in all the doors in the house, nothing. So I go outside try her car still nothing. Then try the Z. I place the key in and turn it. To my surprise it opens it. So I jump in. Then my mom reviels she bought it and placed it in storage. She offers me it for 1500$. I couldn’t refuse it. I was 15 when I bought my first Z. It was red N/A 87 with black interior. As time went on I bought parts here and there to try to make it fast. I searched online the I stumble along Jason’s’ page. From there I find z31performance, 88hybrid, z31 and hybridz. On some of these sites I ask about becoming fast with a N/A. All I got in response was laughs and sell me your car, etc. From there on I chose to not post anymore to keep from getting flamed/ piss anyone off. I Realize now that it was a dumb question. The forums have done nothing but HELP. If it wasn’t for the forums I would have learned anything of the Z31 or Z’s in general. I now own 3 Z31s. Red 86T with black interior auto. What started as a red 87N/Awith black interior, manual, is now black. Last but not least a navy blue 88N/A with blue interior, manual There is many cars that have influenced my build. Enough of the rant time for the rides and mod list.

86T is all stock besides K&N drop in filter

88N/A has 2.5 CM exhaust and K&N drop in filter

87 N/A2T

800hp Goal( SATAN way ahead of me lol)

Engine

Vg30e hoaned and bored

JE pistons

Eagle rods

ARP bolts all through out

Toga bearings

Port & polish(both the heads and lower intake manifold)

Ferrea valves

Scheinder turbo cams stage 3(we will see how they work out)

Scheinder dual valve springs

Q45 throttle Body

Russ adjustable cam gears

Custom intake manifold(in progress)

Custom full tubular exhaust manifolds(in progress)

Gt35r(as of right now)

HKS SQQV BOV(not for long)

HKS standard wastegate (not for long)

Greddy intercooler

Electrical

SDS EM 4F

Blitz SBC 3 boost controller

Blitz power meter

Blitz turbo timer

Drivetrain

Fidanza light weight fly wheel

Short Shifter

Suspension

All Stock

Brakes

Z32 4piston Calibers

Interior

Full carbon shift knob

Full carbon dash(still haven’t got it back yet)

Suede shift boot

Sparco drift steering wheel

Exterior

Full carbon GT rearview mirrors

19inch g35 rays on stock rubber

My 87N/A when i first started build

300003-1.jpg

My 88N/A when i just got home from a 4.5 each way from buying it

IMG_0275.jpg

the block when i got it back from machine shop

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Some of the pics i have here and there

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0289-1.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

When ferrea sent my valves 6 of the 12 the stems were not finished so this is what that caused.

IMG_0312-1.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

My old HX30(small1) compared to the GT35R(bigger1)

SP_A0270.jpg

SP_A0269.jpg

SP_A0264.jpg

SP_A0263.jpg

SP_A0262.jpg

GT35R

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

SP_A0260.jpg

SP_A0261.jpg

SP_A0259.jpg

SP_A0257.jpg

Greddy intercooler

SP_A0208.jpg

SP_A0209.jpg

I still have a lot of things to buy but they will come with time. I will take more pics as soon as I get a new camera. Well leave you comments/opinions. Thanx for reading.