HybridZ

What was your first ride???????

jasper

1968 Dodge Super Bee. 383 Magnum. 727 auto. Black with Keystones. F70's , L60's Goodyear polyglass raised white letter BIAS PLY tires.

I paid $250.00, on blocks, in a back yard, on Long Island in 1978.

Now in posession of my youngest brother, awaiting a restoration.:burnout:

OH YEAH>>>>>>>>>GAS WAS .60 cents a gallon at a solid 8 miles to the gallon.

Kicked ASS and Sucked Gas

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was a 1989 Ford Thunderbird bone stock. It was Banana meat yellow and it was handed down to me from my GREAT Grandmother. Then I got a 1970 Chevy Nova with a 350 bored 40 over with a 770 cfm carb. It blew up and I left it in Mississippi. And then came the ZX.

1970 Chevy Suburban K10 3 door. $1500 and a riding mower in trade. Close to 3 tons and all steel. Had the 350 bored 30 over, aluminum intake, hot cam, Doug's headers and TH700R4 when I drove it around to the tune of 7.5mpg in high school.

I've still got it, but it's undergoing a frame off buildup. '88 TBI 454, 4L80E, 5 inches of lift, Dana 60 rear and 44 front with 4.11 gears, 35 inch tires. I've already done the frame off bit, sandblasted and POR-15'd the frame, custom built the transmission crossmember, modified the rear crossmembers to fit an EFI tank, etc... Only problem is that both of my projects compete for my limited cash and time.

1972 triumph spitfire. $300 when I was 14. Runs now, needs floors. never had it on the road, just cruising around the yard with the bonnet flipped up with a funnel full of gas running to the carb. one day...maybe a SCCA race project who knows, no time now.

Recently purchased 72 240z L28T RUST free! $3000 t5 tranny, eibach springs, koni shocks, R200, 4 wheels disc brakes, currently stripping paint to find a wonderful thing called metal.

1972 triumph spitfire. $300 when I was 14. Runs now, needs floors. never had it on the road, just cruising around the yard with the bonnet flipped up with a funnel full of gas running to the carb. one day...maybe a SCCA race project who knows, no time now.

hey! my brother had a blue 77 spitfire as his first car. the car was cherry. never seen water. one owner, an old man that drove it once a week. cinderella story.