HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

So I got the UD pulley today! Also came across a little problem with the q45 front diff mount...to keep up with that see this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1004770#post1004770

I will take some more pics tomorrow of how the car sits and try and get it (silver car) ready for the new owner to do his swap. Might have the motor back in this weekend and test fit of the new wheels!

The paint shop is all backed up! I probably won't have your intake painted until 2013. :shock:

J/K...should be painting it tomorrow night.

Dave took care of me and sprayed my intake this weekend. This is what it looked like when done:

500879666_Ahj7F-XL.jpg

500879497_bbivy-XL.jpg

This looks way better than I thought it would! I really really do like it!

So, this weekend I was able to pull my crack free dash out so Joe (rags) and I can get started on it to clean up wiring and get it ready for the new car....well my lil sister was placing her pc in the car this weekend and dropped it on the dash...therefor the dash now has a hole in it :shock: Sh*t happens I guess...I was very upset seeing that this is the second dash I lost in a month or so. Didn't yell at her though I know she didn't mean to. Back to the Z, I thought I can use the brake booster from the 73 on the 71...I knew the 73 was bigger but didn't realize it mounting points were different too. So I need to paint the 71 booster and get it installed. Also plan to do the pulley and intake during the week.

Had a problem with the JCI pasn side mount...after about 6k miles the mount was torn:

496857133_LPby2-L.jpg

I called....answer was due to the fact I was using the compression of the motor to stop the car help break the mount :icon56: Anyway ordered a new one $14.50 and now it is here....I plan to go to the local parts store and figure out what model car it comes from...pic and part number coming soon.

Um....Clive......had a little mishap while doing the dash wiring. We're not doing so well with crack free dashes :(

Just kidding :)

Ha, I was going to say...I am selling the car! :mrgreen:

Here is another thread I started about the q45 swap: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1005895#post1005895

Small progress everyday.....I can't wait til this car is back together :flamedevi

Dave took care of me and sprayed my intake this weekend. This is what it looked like when done:

500879666_Ahj7F-XL.jpg

500879497_bbivy-XL.jpg

This looks way better than I thought it would! I really really do like it!

So, this weekend I was able to pull my crack free dash out so Joe (rags) and I can get started on it to clean up wiring and get it ready for the new car....well my lil sister was placing her pc in the car this weekend and dropped it on the dash...therefor the dash now has a hole in it :shock: Sh*t happens I guess...I was very upset seeing that this is the second dash I lost in a month or so. Didn't yell at her though I know she didn't mean to. Back to the Z, I thought I can use the brake booster from the 73 on the 71...I knew the 73 was bigger but didn't realize it mounting points were different too. So I need to paint the 71 booster and get it installed. Also plan to do the pulley and intake during the week.

Had a problem with the JCI pasn side mount...after about 6k miles the mount was torn:

496857133_LPby2-L.jpg

I called....answer was due to the fact I was using the compression of the motor to stop the car help break the mount :icon56: Anyway ordered a new one $14.50 and now it is here....I plan to go to the local parts store and figure out what model car it comes from...pic and part number coming soon.

That intake looks really good. Sucks to hear about the mount. Is there anyway to reinforce it? Because it sounds like you will just continue to break it.

CB,

Dash wiring is done!

Joe is the man!

Ok after d*cking around last weekend and not doing a damn thing. I am happy to report that:

It is back in!!

506385176_PhcaT-L.jpg

Trans back in!

506385974_Z6AXW-L.jpg

But, now the gear stick doesn't come up in the same position as the later s30s

506385515_UdQB6-L.jpg

506385333_KG6jt-L.jpg

Off to a good home!

506384950_XTnQK-L.jpg

So I tried getting the pulley off and no luck...so I have to use a puller during the week. Also I need to change the intake this week and finish the brake lines. I am going to have to run a new rear line so I can plumb in the wilwood prop valve in. I am sure I will find a few more while I am at it deals but at least the motor is back in!

cool to see your swap going well. My buddy bought ur old car. I am sure ill be doing a good amount of work on it with him!

good luck!

Cool, can't wait to hear/see what happens to the car!

Today I was able to play around with the idea of cutting out the old flares and seeing how the zg flares would look against the new wheels. First, fiberglass sucks to cut out (dust) and there were a million pop rivets in this thing....wasted time taking the front flares out because in the end...I will have to use old fenders to cut the right amount of metal out. As for the rears....the old flares were put on very nicely but now for the zg flares, way to much material was taken out. Just means more time has to be spend on the rear of the car.

511110521_Rf6A2-L.jpg

511110373_yXA3J-L.jpg

511110813_xrWLp-L.jpg

511111024_QuBTt-L.jpg

511111220_ziqVL-L.jpg

Full lock and no rubbing on the frame rails......

511110210_4FX8h-L.jpg

511110009_KXiLz-L.jpg

Before I started to cut the rear flares out, I thought about keeping them in but the fronts were just to small. Also didn't want the CF ZGs to go to waste. Next step is to figure where I am going to mount the flares and start trying to build back the sheet metal. I might have to get two patch panels for the dog legs so they can be metal and not fiberglass/bondo.

• 4 weeks later...