HybridZ

throttle cable

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

janaka_throttle_cable.jpg

This is what my throttle pedal looks like with modification to accept the above cable. Make sure when routing it through the firewall that is goes STRAIGHT through the firewall. Mine was slightly offset (like 3/16") and it wore and broke the cable after about 1000miles. I then offset it and haven't had issues since.

• 2 weeks later...
janaka,did you use a bracket on the firewall,just wondering cause i had to make one.

I didn't use a bracket on the firewall at all.

The lokar cable had a nut for either side of the firewall and it attached there. From there it just got routed to the TB itself.

• 1 year later...

Lokar throttle cable PN TC-1000LS148

Janaka

I have this throttle cable in hand - It has an end on it (pictured), but it requires a special tool to remove the small brass fitting that connects to the TB. Did yours come with a fitting like this?

I am having trouble sliding the cable through the hole on the TB and it would be better to remove this piece, slide it through then reconnect, plus I want to shorten the cable for a custom fit so I have to remove that piece either way.

I have also included a picture of my bracket that is fitted to the firewall in case it helps others with their ideas...

post-154-046943900 1279991377_thumb.jpg

post-154-038969800 1279991406_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjones

Janaka

I have this throttle cable in hand - It has an end on it (pictured), but it requires a special tool to remove the small brass fitting that connects to the TB. Did yours come with a fitting like this?

I am having trouble sliding the cable through the hole on the TB and it would be better to remove this piece, slide it through then reconnect, plus I want to shorten the cable for a custom fit so I have to remove that piece either way.

I have also included a picture of my bracket that is fitted to the firewall in case it helps others with their ideas...

post-154-046943900 1279991377_thumb.jpg

Well chalk this one up to my to poor eye sight - It appears that the brass fitting has a small pin inside the allen screw, but the allen screw comes out just fine even though there is a pin in the center... Impossible to take a picture of it because of it's small size, but some very strong reading glasses helped me to see the very small piece in there... It is now installed and working perfectly!

Edited by kjones

here is mine.

It is a Lokar cable hooked up to the stock bracket with a small bracket added to attach the cable.

med_On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_061.jpg

If you want to see it in a close up, go to this link and double click the photo to supersize it.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/gallery/image/4362-on-the-road-240z-ls1-and-510-godbye-061/

I could have another small run of them made up, but haven't had any requests in some time.

Why not eliminate the brackets altogether and just install the cable in the firewall? I'm probably going to convert to that method...