HybridZ

Revolution gauges installed!

ezzzzzzz

Perhaps I'm a little too anal in this respect, but I like all of my lights/gauges right in line of sight (or in the corner of my vision). When I eye-gauged it, it looked like if I did a similar light pod option like ezzzzzzz or the map light idea by NZeder would be a little farther away for my liking. I don't like the thought of hacking up a dash for it, but another idea would be to put each turn signal at the edge of each (speedo/tacho) gauge on the outer rims, then plopping a light pod for the highbeam/brakes inbetween. I know I'm just spouting ideas right now without trying them, but down the road when I get to the gauge replacement, I might be crazy enough to try it. My dash is already ruined, so if anything I'd be just risking a dash cap. Sure its more complicated, but its just my two cents.

I'm not saying that I look down on the installs that you guys are going through, far from it. They're much better than what I currently have! just throwing ideas out there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the LEDs on the Tacho for?

Could you use one of these as your turn signal? You really only need one like a motor bike.

Here is another option, although probably won't work for the revolution gauges.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=143337

I did ask before my order was complete if they could do the idiot lights in the speedo and tacho before they left the factory - got told not an option but one can only ask.

The lights in the tacho are shift lights :cool:

I got the standard blue. The cobalt seemed a bit too dark to my liking. As for the turn/high/brake lights I had considered using something like the old PRND21 indicator found on the column of old cars/trucks. Nothing I found was flat. Since my oil pressure gauge is going on the steering column cover between to gauges I had to come up with something else. The idea of mounting lights in the speedo/tach housing has been done by someone here. I didn't care for the look personally and thought it would also reflect off the gauge faces awkwardly...but that's just me. My pod is not everyone's cup of tea but it is in a location where it's easily seen and discernable. I like the idea of the NZeder's but it kills the only lighting of the controls in the earlier 240Z. I did look at installing LEDs in the gauge faces. These gauges are well made and have the stepper motor circuit boards directly behind faces. Modifying for lights would have been tedious and would void the warranty.

So you will try mounting the lights behind the guage in a year then. ;)

Just kidding, what you have looks good, well done.

nice thought but for me one of the things I liked about these gauges is this statement

*For your LIFETIME, as long as you own the gauge- we guarantee it!

http://www.speedhut.com/warranty_page.htm

So I am not going touch/open the gauges just install them as I don't plan on sell my car in my LIFETIME :)

nice thought but for me one of the things I liked about these gauges is this statement

*For your LIFETIME, as long as you own the gauge- we guarantee it!

http://www.speedhut.com/warranty_page.htm

So I am not going touch/open the gauges just install them as I don't plan on sell my car in my LIFETIME :)

In that case, don't worry. You can test the theory after The zombie apocalypse when we're all undead anyway.

...............BRAINS...............yummy!

lol ROTFL.....reminds me when I went to see this at the movies when it was a new flick - me and some mate took a bunch of girls - after the film we went to the normal make out spot - then we took off and climb up the trees then we the girls came past we jump out of the tress and yeild BRAINS....I can smell you BRAINS

:hijack:

• 3 months later...

I'm am very pleased with these gauges. They are deadly accurate and fully programmable. The look is modern yet fits the era of the car very well. I didn't wire in a dimmer and had concerns about that. Night driving is fine with ample illlumination without glare or eye strain. I'd do these again for sure.......

• 1 month later...

If you go to this page

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_description-gauge_type-Tachometer-auto_number-730.htm

and click on the second image you see a picture of the back of the gauge.

It has a port saying "Plug-n-Play remote shift light port. Plug remote shift light into back of tach to fire our mini shift light"." Why not use this as a indicator blinker?

You only need the one light anyway.

• 4 months later...

Cool! They are currently not showing it for the metric gauges, but I am sure they could do it for them. Might have to get one of these when I go to the new transmission, but that means I am going to need to change my tacho too to match. Damn what a shame ;)