53 replies to this topic

#1 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

The 2009 DNI Shootout will be at Silver Dollar Raceway, in Reynolds, GA again.

By popular request, this year's event will be held on a SATURDAY - May 23rd, 2009.

We'll still be meeting up at a local hotel on Friday night for our social gathering and dinner get-together.

More details will be posted at The DNI Shootout Website as they become available.

We hope to have a HUGE turnout this time.

82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

#2 Evan Purple240zt

Evan Purple240zt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • LocationMadison area, WI

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

See you there!
1995 240sx....
1972 240z RIP

#3 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Yahoo!
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#4 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Sounds Great Warren,

Jerry just called me to inform me. Looking forward to it.

John
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#5 wigenOut-S30

wigenOut-S30

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationMobile AL

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

I will be there!!! and Cant wait!!!

1977 S30: L28 turbo/intercooled:385rwhp 390TQ:11.56@122

gallery_372_579_19959.jpg

#6 RB26powered74zcar

RB26powered74zcar

XXXXXX

• Super Moderators
  • 4482 posts
  • LocationLake Charles, Louisiana, 70605

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

I will make the drive over again... :)

RB26dettZ pics

®

th_April_2012005.jpg

#7 JSM

JSM

Giggigty Giggity Giggity

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

Oh boy, let me start saving some money!
1971 240z
1980 280zx
1988 300zxt

#8 quicker240

quicker240

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationALABAMA

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

Dave and I will be there, as usual. Maybe we can drag Brody out again... .
71 240z 408sbc,edelbrock proflo fi,w/p,alum heads,eagle crank,eagle rods,1.6s,6al,fuel cell,arizona z 5 lug w/wilwoods and coilovers. 10.94@122.08mph 1.61 60' 3.70LSD

#9 jeffer949

jeffer949

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationNewton, KS

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hrmm that may actually be enough time for me to build a forged motor and a new clutch.... Time will tell. But either way ill be there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1974 260ZT known as Stella- the temperamental bitch

#10 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

Guys,

We're kinda in a predicament where in order for us to get a "private track rental" event, we have to be able to guarantee the rental fee. This fee is usually paid by the gate admission. With the attendance dwindling like it has over the past 3 or 4 events, making that guarantee is getting harder to do.

Consequently, this year, we're not renting the track for our sole use. Instead, we're holding it on a Saturday, during the track's normal Quarter Mile Saturday event. This means that there will be some other makes & models of cars running as well as us. It still won't be so crowded that you can't get in any runs, as there are usually only 20 or so other cars running on these Quarter Mile Saturday events.

Because of this attendance problem, we're not going to be soliciting for donations of raffle prizes or holding a raffle, giving out trophies or doing anything major other than the Friday night get together at one of the local hotels this time around.

The fees taken for Tech passes, have in the past, been returned to the attendees in the form of awards for various things like, fastest pass, who drove the farthest to the event, trophies, etc...We'd like to be able to and will continue to do that as long as possible.

None of the event organizers has kept any of the Tech pass money after being reimbursed for expenses incurred and if we were short for the total track rental fee, the difference was paid from the Tech pass money.

Remember, this whole event started out as 6 or 7 guys getting together to run their cars at the track and it has grown into something really fun, but the recent event attendence is not what it used to be.

In an effort to get the attendance up, we opened it up last year to all Datsun Nissan & Infiniti owners, hence the name change from SEZ (SouthEastern Z Shootout) to DNI (Datsun Nissan Infiniti Shootout). Even with this and intense advertising on over 30 internet forums, and coverage and advertising in Nissan Sport Magazine, the attendance still wasn't what it has been or should be.

Putting on the event has become almost burdensome for a few of the organizers and if we want to continue to hold a shootout event, we're going to need either streamline things by cutting back like we're doing this year, or we're going to need more ideas to get people interested and attending it. I personally think it would be a shame to see this event go by the wayside, as we've had some GREAT times at it.

Right now, since interest in the event in general has been lack-luster at best, I'm taking some ideas to improve the event. No guarantees can be made that your ideas will be adopted, utilized or implemented, but they'll certainly be considered.

Please visit The DNI Shootout Website and use the email link there to submit your ideas, thoughts, opinions and other comments.

Thanks for your support of a GREAT event. We NEED this event to grow. It's too fun to let go away.

Warren
82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

#11 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

Email sent Warren.....

Thanks for all your hard work with this event.

#12 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:36 AM

No problem Warren. Although the prizes and trophies are nice personally I don't think they are any motivation for people to show up. Whatever it takes to keep this event alive is worth it. The entrance price is a bargain for the fun we have. Hopefully this economy won't be an issue this year.
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#13 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Wouldn't miss it! I might even be able to make a full pass under power for the first time in 3 years....:o) Even if I don't, it is always great to see the "old" gang and hang out...besides, I want to see John and Jerry's flying "Z" :o)

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#14 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hey Warren,

I had a fellow Hybridz member come over to my shop last night his name is Adam and we were talking about Z's etc and I mentioned SEZ / DNI and he has never heard about it. I told him about how much fun we have etc... and some of the fast cars and nice Z cars that show up to the event.

I was surprized he has not heard about it.

He has heard of some Zcar rally that is held in NC.

Just for your info.....

Wish there was a way to really advertise this event on HybridZ or Zcar.com.

John

#15 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

I guess I missed a few sites, but it's already advertised on 21 forums (that I know of), probably more, all over the area. We used to get a banner put here on HybridZ, but last time I requested that it be put up, my request fell on dead ears

(ATTN: ADMIN!!!).

It does show up on Google, Yahoo, and all of the other search engines, but that's only if you know about it.

Everybody can help spread the word...if you don't see it listed on a forum that you regularly visit's schedule, ask for it to be included, or email me which one and I'll ask for it to be included.

I believe the Z car rally that he's talking about is ZdayZ, where they run through the twisties...most of those people aren't into drag racing, but I guess we "could" advertise it there too, if they're willing to let us.

Thanks for the heads-up...

Warren

#16 S130Z

S130Z

Shrinkage I tell ya, it's SHRINKAGE!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the info John, I will definitely come. I am setting a reminder in my calendar as I type.

Here is the link for ZdayZ. http://www.zdayz.com/index.html
Posted Image
You know you spen WAY too much time on HybridZ when you have made the connection that Tony D and Ted Nugent are the same person.

"It's not turbo lag, it's foreplay." - SlowBoy Racing

#17 gogriz91

gogriz91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMiddle GA, for now

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:04 AM

Add this site to your list Warren, I posted a link to the DNI site there. www.maconracers.org
"Day/Night VFR street fighter" '73 HLS30 129806; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, R200 w/3.90 LSD, BRE front/rear spoilers, Pertronix ignition

Heavily medicated for your protection

#18 gearheadstik

gearheadstik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

I will try to be there as usual....
1972 ls1 t56...under construction Gallery
1978 l28 5spd...NA-Turbo HE-351 MS&S Extra, EDIS Gallery
1988 300zx turbo

#19 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

I am glad, it will be good to see you again. Any luck on dragging Rip back..... I know my brother Jerry has seen Rip a couple of times when he is in Alabama...

John

I will try to be there as usual....

#20 gearheadstik

gearheadstik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Long story on Rip, but my cousin is now the full owner of the Zebra, I don't think he'll be making it this year, or at least with the car....

I am glad, it will be good to see you again. Any luck on dragging Rip back..... I know my brother Jerry has seen Rip a couple of times when he is in Alabama...

John

1972 ls1 t56...under construction Gallery
1978 l28 5spd...NA-Turbo HE-351 MS&S Extra, EDIS Gallery
1988 300zx turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users