HybridZ

VERY Annoying Ad

pete280z

For Safari users, check out Safari AdBlock:

http://safariadblock.sourceforge.net/

And Firefox users, go to "Add-ons" in your "Tools" menu. An add-on called "Adblock Plus" was at the top of my Recommended list. If not I'm sure you can find it pretty easily.

I just installed both of these and all of the ads on HybridZ have gone away. Problem solved.

• 1 month later...

A word of internet-friendly advice:

next time an advertising sponsor decides to create an ad, inform them that any JavaScript "onLoad" browser events are not tolerated and must be rectified before the ad will be displayed.

within the

tag of every website, there is a tag that can be input between the two < > 's stating:

onload="javascript: do this"

alternatively, if javascript is loaded within the body itself (as the ad is doing), when the ad is loaded, within the code which displays the ad will be something like this:

body onload="do this"

effectively allowing the advertising sponsor to inject the same code where it would otherwise be unwrittable, unless you gave them access to the main template of the phpBB forum files, which I will presume has never occured, and with obvious reason... as it requires administrator access.

so the best way to cease the occurence of this in the future would be to declare to the advertising sponsor that any javascript that does not solely compute in-advertisement form variables and calculations (i.e.- your car make, manufacturer, year, current insurance premium in a mathematical form) shall have their ad pulled until fixed.

It's the only solution for this type of nuisance.