HybridZ

Evos 9sec 2jz build - 9's, 8's, and 7's done going for 6 sec pass now!

They have a blue 280z in miami with a 2jz and its putting out 900hp and a 240z with a v8 with I think 1100 or more hp!!!theres youtube videos of it running, its mean as hell.he could rarely get traction.

Blue Z is guy that goes by name Pnut and I have seen video of him running orange Z!!! Thanks for the props guys I have really slowed down with whole picture taking at this point but I will make it up when I get chance.

Last Saturady buddy and me got the exhaust almost finished it just needs some hangers made and few more welds but here is the video of it with full exhaust.

http://youtu.be/_I0pggXD6Uk

http://youtu.be/0SDs8mL3p9o

Edited by Ivan280zt

Are those tires gonna clear the flares when the car squats to launch?

They should clear. Right now I have about 2.5" clearance between edge of the tire and flare. I will be raising rear end about another 1/2"-3/4". If it squats more than that then I will either do spring helpers or just go up on spring rate. Got to start somewhere lol.

Edited by Ivan280zt

• 4 months later...
[sharedmedia=videos:videos:228]

Pump gas 21psi through Th350 602whp. Made 20psi at 5000rpm on dyno with redline at 8000rpm. Took her down the street right after dyno and I have to say it IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!! Now I need 55gal of E85 and nitrous kit then off for retune!

Edited by Ivan280zt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's my next build IF my RB ever takes a dump. SOOOO easy to make power cheaply. If the word power and cheap can even be used in the same sentence.

BTW what turbo is that. looks like it will not fit under hood ;>

• 1 month later...

Oh.my.god. I just read this entire thread instead of doing my work in my audio/visual class. Oh well JZ swapped Datsun > skoolin. Seriously Ivan this build is astonishing. Thank you for doing this and documenting it SO well. This should be a required read for all children in school.

Edited by grayson260z

• 3 weeks later...

Man I have really been slacking when it comes to updates so I am going to try to get back on track!!! I have spent alot of time on our house since we bought it year and half ago so here are some pictures of how garage used to be and how it is now!

photo 11

garage4

photo3

We had to sheetrock walls, refinish floors, and install all new lights (ITS BRIGHT NOW)!

garage5

garage9

photoJPG1 2

How its looks now pretty much done I just need nice metal work bench. Oh and I NEED TO PUT STI FOR SALE its just taking Z's space!!!

9 2

Edited by Ivan280zt

Finally got the hood on the car its kinda sad that hood came off RHD Fairlady and now its got big ass hole on it :ph34r:

photo

photoJPG7 1

photoJPG6 1

photoJPG10

Also got "Turbo Guard" mesh inlet for my turbo.

photoJPG9

photoJPG8

I am sorry for the poor quality of the pictures but they were taken with my old as dirt Iphone...

Here are some random pics in no pariticular order.

4" exhaust tucked in all the way

2 1

B

1 2

Got my alignment kinda there still needs work up front

photo 8

Dry nitrous kit came in still not installed

photo 10

Put her on scales other day as it sits with no driver super happy with the # !!!

photoJPG2 1

Small retune to 28psi on pump gas timing and A/F (50/50 race gas mix)

photoJPG4 1

Got some boost creep issues in third gear past 7K (rev limiter at 8K) so I will be adding second 46mm wastegate in next two weeks or so. Turned boost down to 25psi.

photo

Once boost issues is fixed I will get it tuned on 28-30psi and some NOS on top of it I think it should make around 775-800whp trough my Th350.

This is Hank Moody I got him about 9 months ago when he was 6 weeks old he is Doberman Pinscher and one sweet sweet puppy!

1 1

6 1

7 2

Finally finished harness for oil pressure, fuel pressure, and map sensors. Also mounted boost solenoid with -3 an lines and ptfe hose.

5 1

photo 6

Final thing is Summit coolant overlow bottle that got welded to the radiator shroud.

1 3