HybridZ

Evos 9sec 2jz build - 9's, 8's, and 7's done going for 6 sec pass now!

Great work, love how tidy your engine bay is.

Had a laugh at your Fast and Furious reference, F&F references are always funny.

Due to my job I can't really slowly work on my projects bit by bit (after work etc.) So I try to get as much done in couple of weeks as I can, but also I don't think I'd have the patience to take as long as you have, I'm impatient and can't wait to get the work done and go drive it, which is also why I like to do mine in quick stages. Well done keeping it up over a long build.

She sounds great and looks to be a beast, must feel great to finally get driving it after so much work over so many years.

• 1 month later...
I have been having small boost creep issue that was bothering me so instead of just turning the boost up (basically bandaid fix) I decided to add second 46mm Precision wastegate to fix that problem for good!

I had to split vacuum lines for each WG

Second dumptube fab

Still need to add bracket to reduce vibration of second dumptube

-3an ss lines hooked up

Now I just need to hook up Nos kit and it should be ready for another dyno session.

Edited by Ivan280zt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, that's nice! Super jealous. Do I dare ask the budget?

Parts and labor around $18k. That includes EVERY SINGLE PART that I will post up with this round of upgrades. Car came in running and driving it will leave chassis shop ready to go straight to the track.

Edited by Ivan280zt

That's some crazy work there.

I take it this is going to be a drag only car from now on?

Negative sir!!! Next stage is upholstery shop for interior work then my buddies stereo shop for very nice stereo system. I love street driving way more than track but I just want to be able to legally run at the track and not worry about breaking drivetrain every time I launch.

Great to hear you still plan to use it on the road, top stuff. How will the new setup affect road manners and handling in the corners.

Work looks great, wish I had the skill to carry out work like this or even if there was somewhere that could do work like this.