HybridZ

Pictures of waste gate mockup

kcambron

I'v decided to go external WG(TIAL). I'v done a search and haven't found many pics to help out. I'm planning to vent back to the downpipe.

Any help out there with pictures? My car already had it mocked up but it looks like @#$%! and the welds have holes in them.

Thanks in advance.

I'v decided to go external WG(TIAL). I'v done a search and haven't found many pics to help out. I'm planning to vent back to the downpipe.

Any help out there with pictures? My car already had it mocked up but it looks like @#$%! and the welds have holes in them.

Thanks in advance.

check out this video

I like the looks of that, real clean. Did you just tap into the hole behind your exaust flange? I'm running a A/R turbo that has a hole behind my exhaust flange. I cant tell from the picture but it looks like thats what you did.

How do you like this setup? 240 or 280?

Thanks, Kevin

used a 5 bolt hole plate to replace the stock wastegate then bored a 1 inch hole at the stock wastegate site of the T3. I also used a slip fit joint at the top and two hole flanges at both ends. Yes, I'm happy with it. no problems for over 5 years now. It is a 76 280.

I like the looks of that, real clean. Did you just tap into the hole behind your exaust flange? I'm running a A/R turbo that has a hole behind my exhaust flange. I cant tell from the picture but it looks like thats what you did.

How do you like this setup? 240 or 280?

Thanks, Kevin

Are you talking about a flange similar to this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-T3-T4-5-bolt-w-wastegate-hole-2-5-ID-flange_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33742QQihZ002QQitemZ120360579030

I bought an identical flange to use for my downpipe when I finally get to that stage. The flange is of good quality and is a good solution if you don't want to weld on your exhaust manifold.

isnt it bad to dump exhaust through a WG before the o2 sensor?

I have never ever seen any turbo application ran the way you are discribing. Any factory turboed or modified turboed car I have ever seen either internal wastegate or external wastgate has had as per example. External wastgates are usually on the manifold at or around the collector or in a spacer between the turbo and manifold. Internal wastegates are built into the exhaust housings of the turbo. So to answer your question I would say no, it is not bad to dump the wastegate before the O2.

isnt it bad to dump exhaust through a WG before the o2 sensor?

Hmmmmmm, never though of that? I have the screamer pipe now, but think I'm going to plumb it back into the down pipe. Before the O2/wideband sensor. Not for this reason. But I like hearing the turbo over the scream.