HybridZ

VIPEC is here...

Careless

PS - everyone makes mistakes. Having said that if you promote yourself as the best - you should know some fundamentals. Anyone else here EVER see their boost and timing curves "match" rather than be a "mirror" of each other?

yeah, i've heard and seen some things that such-and-such said that kinda pulled me away from trusting what was said from whomever! (try saying that 10 times fast!)

glad to hear that no damage was really done... and I think the VIPEC's price and features are amazing, considering you've seen the issue and now you're going to tackle it on the 400 . HAHAH. *high five*

Ron, do you know of any software updates that Wolf is currently looking at in order to enable some sort of quicktune feature?

I know megasquirt, running on virtually the same software since the dawn of human kind, has had a similar program called AutoTune in the works.

• 2 weeks later...

These look good

I am going to look into those more

They are working on drive by wire as well

So instead of having throttle control your right foor controls torque

Imagine how smooth you can make the power come on when at 50% throttle loading you have 50% torque

I like the sound of that

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i got a price quote of $1605 for a v44 unit from apex speed technology in los angeles.about 1 more month and the megasquirt will be shelved-i have played with it for 3 years and i have always been chasing problems-now its down to locating an o-scope and looking at wave forms to find stray glitches.anyway there is a minor amount of info on the efi university website.there is also a good video of an old evenrude v6 on u-tube making 450+hp with a vipec v88.anyway its more up to the installer/tuner to get the results.i will admit i suck at using software-so if i can figure it it its got to be very easy.i havent tried the vipec software yet-but most efi builders will have some kind of software to download to check it out

• 3 months later...

ViPEC finally installed - not bad 8 months later than planned ;)

Car starts and idles much better than with my old microTECH LT12 - and that I played with for years - so I have high hopes that tuning will be much easier/better. Will update once I spend some more time with the system.

Anyone else here get one installed?

Q

I'm in the midst of purchasing the ViPEC v88. I have been talking via phone to a dealer up in Canada, and looks like I am real close to pulling the trigger and buying it....

Watching this thread with interest!! :2thumbs:

Well, I never ended up buying mine, so nothing to offer as far as actual usage feedback... I'd still love to swap out my Tec3r for the v88. Please keep me updated on how it works out for you, since I'm about the same as you with tuning software (not very good :) ).

• 1 month later...

ViPEC finally installed - not bad 8 months later than planned ;)

Car starts and idles much better than with my old microTECH LT12 - and that I played with for years - so I have high hopes that tuning will be much easier/better. Will update once I spend some more time with the system.

Anyone else here get one installed?

Q

If you still have the microtech can you PM please. i'm about to get my car back and need to know if i need to sell the v-pro or hold on to it. I really want to have a system i can tune myself.

and since you mentioned tuning issues... did you ever have it on a dyno?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Whoops! Didn't realise this thread was so old, I'll leave this here anyway.

The Link G4 software (PC Link) comes with an RB base map as well, it's for an RB20 with 440cc injectors but it'll get you going.

Edited by djz