HybridZ

race tires and minimum suspension clearance

I had interference with the strut and added a 1/4" wheel spacer, so after the spacer probably 3/16" clearance and never rubbed. This was with Yokohama A005s. I think they're stiffer than the GY and not as stiff as the Hoosier, based on the descriptions I've read of all 3.

I ran it yesterday at Arroyo Seco Raceway. Very tight, twisty track. With the Goodyear slicks on the new wheels I had about 1/4" in the rear and 1/8" in the front (clearance from the strut). I sprayed a little paint on the areas where it would have rubbed so if it even barely touched it would be obvious. I brought spacers but never needed them, no issues.

I ran it yesterday at Arroyo Seco Raceway. Very tight, twisty track. With the Goodyear slicks on the new wheels I had about 1/4" in the rear and 1/8" in the front (clearance from the strut). I sprayed a little paint on the areas where it would have rubbed so if it even barely touched it would be obvious. I brought spacers but never needed them, no issues.

I was hoping that would be the case. Post some pics of the new wheels mounted, they look great tucked in like they are now.