HybridZ

One more LS1 on the street.

Well the 260Z finally left to go to the upholstery shop. Thought I'd post some pics for the record.

100_0282.JPG100_0283.JPG100_0286.JPGDSC00368-4.JPGDSC00371-2.JPG

100_0284.JPG

04 GTO LS1 with 6 speed , Modern Motorsports front & rear suspension and brakes, HRE wheels w Toyo Proxes 245/45r17 fronts & 275/40r17 rear. 3.70 lsd ith cv axle conversion, Speartech modified harness and ECM . A/C , custom hood, grille, front bumper., front valance. rear body panel, rear bumper, rear valance, air cleaner , engine cover.

Thanks to all who took the time to post your efforts on your LS conversion. The info was extremely helpful in putting this one together.

i posted a question then opened my eyes and saw the answer but anyways thats a great looking z congrats can i ask how you got tires that wide on it without flares?

The quarter wheel openings are slightly flaired and the edges rolled. They only have about 5mm space on either side of the wheel/tire and strut tube. Its close and was a lot of trial and error fitting to get the correct wheel offset to work with everything.

What air dam is that? Modified type 3?

It is a combination of a MSA type 3 and the aftermarket spoiler that was previously mounted to the car. I'm unsure of exactly who made it but you still see them on Ebay regularly. There is a picture of the unknown spoiler on the picasa link below.

Larry-

Congratulations on your build! What a fine looking, one of a kind, Z.

I'm especially impressed with the front end. The craftsmanship looks top drawer and the design is excellent.

If you ever have a mold made of the hood for composit versions, I'll be first in line. Oh, and you'll have to produce a bumper too, to match the radius of the hood.

Really nice, enjoy it!

Steve

Larry-

Congratulations on your build! What a fine looking, one of a kind, Z.

I'm especially impressed with the front end. The craftsmanship looks top drawer and the design is excellent.

If you ever have a mold made of the hood for composit versions, I'll be first in line. Oh, and you'll have to produce a bumper too, to match the radius of the hood.

Really nice, enjoy it!

Steve

Much of the design credit goes to Janne Kutja of Finland. This is one gifted young man. He was recently featured in this months "Rod & Custom". This is the second car I have built using his design talents.

Check out his web page at

www.jannekutja.com

Car turned out great. That hood is awesome. I like how the lines come forward from the scoop, instead of together like the SS hood. I also second the comment about too much tread, your tires are monster trucking the car. Not sure if the suspension just needs to settle or what.

Car turned out great. That hood is awesome. I like how the lines come forward from the scoop, instead of together like the SS hood. I also second the comment about too much tread, your tires are monster trucking the car. Not sure if the suspension just needs to settle or what.

The car has coil overs and I just haven't set them to the lower settings. Trying to keep everything under the car in place till spring.