HybridZ

l28et swap in a s13 240sx

boostin280zx

I got a 240sx shell for free in October 2008. A few days later i crashed my 280. I started doin this swap a couple days after that. Here are some pics of the progress so far.

Well first off heres the 280

280wreck.jpg

wreck005.jpg

the 240s new paint primer and paint

primer.jpg

paint.jpg

front sump conversion

frontsump.jpg

panonmotor.jpg

motor in and running . pics of all the clearances

enginebaytop.jpg

front.jpg

radiatorclearance.jpg

sideview.jpg

valvecovertofirewall.jpg

swaybarclearance.jpg

turboclearance.jpg

suspension

suspension.jpg

interior

inside.jpg

• 2 months later...

video of it running.

electric speedo and everything wired up and working. Boost by gear now with the AVC-R.

I stopped working on this for a few months becuase i bent a valve and broke a guide when i was playin around in the neighborhood. The 4.08 gears are a little short for the t-5 tranny. Just tryin to find some time to put one of my other heads on it and get the i/c piping made.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So i know this thread is really old and im still doing research and know quite a bit but have you done a write up on what you did to do this? I see pics which are great but did you swap in the r32 cross-member? How did you do the front sump conversion? Stock oil pan or did you swap with the first gen maxima pan? I'm about to undertake this with my built l28et with standalone b/c my z has way to much rust and a s13 would be much easier to do suspension and cheaper IMO.

Edited by 82 turbo z

• 3 weeks later...

well ive just decided to start working on this project again about a month ago. it was running for awhile and made a few trips out to the track but i just never had time to finish it how i want it.

I used the r32 crossmember and a maxima oil pan.

The front sump conversion is easy. the sumps are the same, it just bolts towards the front of the block. you just need to drill and tap the bolt holes that hold the sump and drill a bigger hole about 2" up into the block till you hit the oil passage that goes to the pump.

I tried spacing the sway bar down and denting the front of the pan in as much as i could but it will still will hit the sway bar, the easiest way is to just to notch the pan. i finally notched mine last weekend.

Edited by boostin280zx