HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

Ok trying not to jump off topic, but....to the people who have no distributer, at least not in the factory location, what did you do and how did you do it, that makes the engine bay look soooooo much cleaner.

Search "distributorless" for a start. You can also go through the sections of the forum for the standalone engine managements such as Haltech, SDS, and Megasquirt.

id like some more info on your Electrolytic Rust Removal. what was the mix of what you used? looks like everything came out great..

Thanks for the compliment, but up close it came out "OK". I wire brushed the parts before and after. The mix was just water and baking soda. I used a chunk of angle iron as the sacrificial electrode. It takes a really long time, even though I used a big power supply. Some folks have better luck with washing soda. And apparently stainless steel works better as the electrode, but then the gases it gives off and the resulting mix are somewhat toxic. Caveat emptor :)

I think your shift key is stuck :wink:

Fix it please. It reads like you are yelling.

It's all good - the guy is deriving great pleasure from this thread and displaying his jubilance!:wink:

OK - I'll jump in - why not ....BUT I WON'T YELL AT EVERYBODY........I get enough of that from the wife after she found out how much $$$ I have into this car.......:nono:

MF2.jpg

MF3.jpg

MF4.jpg

I'm with Dave - paint it black. I used the DupliColor truck bed liner. If it chips off - no big, give 'er a quick spritz from the can and it all blends right back in and dries like it's one coat....

1 fast z...

I saw that your in az too. I just bought a 1977 280z and I need to find an engine to swap. Do you meet up with other z owners or work on eachothers cars. My knowledge is limited but I want to learn it all.

Not to steal Bryan's response, but he runs a machine shop and does cylinder head work and intake fabrication as well. Here's his website: http://www.bandmzcars.com