HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

And my new setup, just waiting to go FI just look at allllllll the room :flamedevi:

That setup looks awesome Austin, looks like you put a lot of high quality work into that car. Your website looks great too, lots of good info and pictures and well-organized. It would be cool to have a section for people to leave comments on the website.

Just finished my intercooler install last month.

I'm so glad to see someone use 45 degree bends where possible. Most L28 intercooler installs I've seen have two 90 degree turns going to the throttle body and a single 90 degree turn to head behind the radiator. Senseless! I've always asked a friend of mine why keeps doing 90 degree turns right there at the throttle body but he never has an answer.

DSC00073.jpg

just finished mine 2 nights ago

Hope this doesn't offend, but all this needs is something covering that big JDM on the intercooler:)

It is just *perfect* for a 280ZXT, with the round metal P/S fluid reservoir and all.. a 280ZX turbo *should* in my mind, have a somewhat cluttered engine bay.. at least until it has left stock fuel management far behind. I say "somewhat cluttered" relative to some of the ultra-clean tuck jobs pictured in this thread; you have gotten rid of just enough.

Hope this doesn't offend, but all this needs is something covering that big JDM on the intercooler:)

It is just *perfect* for a 280ZXT, with the round metal P/S fluid reservoir and all.. a 280ZX turbo *should* in my mind, have a somewhat cluttered engine bay.. at least until it has left stock fuel management far behind. I say "somewhat cluttered" relative to some of the ultra-clean tuck jobs pictured in this thread; you have gotten rid of just enough.

yea i agree i need to make the mount cover that jdm logo or something. so for the factory efi. i have left that behind, and am now using MSII

Iv never seen a filtered BOV before.

They used to be more common; I think it's because some of them do suck some air back in - that could be bad. Also, I suppose if you're turbo let go and you have oil flying through the pipes, then it would nice to have a filter keeping it from blowing oil all over the engine bay and possibly catching on fire. This is all speculation on my part.

P2160009.jpg

This is how I did it:

- Coils are centered on the plug holes in the head.

- Holes are 2.25" from the valve cover gasket surface

- Spacers are 3/8 aluminum tubing cut to 1" lengths

- Bolts are 1/4-20 stainless binder head

- A small amount of silicone one each bolt head.

- Loctite

I used an 8 pin sealed connector (left over from an RB harness), so all you need to do is unbolt the cover, disconnect the 8 pin plug and plug wires and you can lift the valve cover off.

Pete