HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

Hey everyone,

I want to see pictures of your V8 installed in your Z. Im stealing this idea from the "show your engine bay" in the nissan L6 forum.

Im almost done with my V8 and Im seacrhing for a Z to put it in.

Thanks Brian

Heres a pic of my engine.

SNC00033.jpg

• Administrators

'75 280-Z, mild SBC 355, World Class T-5, daily driver, ran a 12.3 @ 113 MPH on cheesy 195 60 HR 14" all season street trires.

Excuse the mess. Picture shot just after the initial fire up...

280Z-V8Custom.jpg

Same engine with Edelbrock ProFlo EFI just prior to selling. (Never did run it with the EFI...) sigh.gif

DATZILLApower2.jpg

Very nice and clean install. I like how you mounted the alt. a little lower. Custom brackets?

I like the stang wheels.

Thanks.

The alternator bracket isn't anything custom, its made by Alan grove components. Its their mid mount bracket. I think speedracer's post right above this has the same bracket actually.

You call that a "sleeper"??? LOL!! :icon14:

Ha Ha. It is actually more fun to cruise it with the single carb intake and my regular hood on it as when it is a sleeper. With it all under the hood, it is cool because it is "faster than it looks". With it sticking out of the hood, it is "not as fast as it looks!". Typically people think I have a blower on it.

Ha Ha. It is actually more fun to cruise it with the single carb intake and my regular hood on it as when it is a sleeper. With it all under the hood, it is cool because it is "faster than it looks". With it sticking out of the hood, it is "not as fast as it looks!". Typically people think I have a blower on it.

I looks bada$$ though. Several years ago I nearly bought a Triumph Spitfire with a similar powerplant. It was c-o-o-o-o-l.:icon14:

Sorry to slide off topic.

Thanks.

The alternator bracket isn't anything custom, its made by Alan grove components. Its their mid mount bracket. I think speedracer's post right above this has the same bracket actually.

I jsut called Alan Grove and ordered that bracket. He laughed and said another Z guy called him this morning. You should get a cut for advertising!