HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

Looking good, Ratzun. Weren't you Ratsun on here before?? I believe you were the same :D

I like these sentenses in your description of the first dyno pull:

"Our first pull was to 5000 with only partial throttle opening and it made only

570 hp or so. Tracy made a few adjustments in the software for the fuel injection and we ended up pulling it about 5 more times. Each time making a few more adjustments in between and raising the RPM up a little each time. The final pull ended up at 6200 rpm and it made right at 840 horse power

and 720 foot pounds of torque. With 700 foot pounds at 4000 rpm..."

Keeeyripes, man! That's just sick :shock:

Davy

Yes sir, You are correct. I was also "racerzs" a few years back. Not been on here a whole lot in the last few years. Looks like there are many more members with really nice Z's. That's pretty cool. I wish there was a Z get together some where feasible for me to attend. I would sure like to see a lot of them in person. I have wanted to do the Hot Rod "Drag Week" for a couple of years now. Last year I just did not have enough of the bugs worked out to feel comfortable attending. Maybe this year things will work out. I think it would be a blast.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Fellows: I REALLY like these photos. Let's hope there are more out there that can chime in with more photos. Speaking of that, how does one post these photos? I have tried but what I get is "What is the URL?". Don't understand this at all. Someone please advise. Thanks.

This thread I started has been a big motivation for me. I have found some cool parts and got some good ideas on what I want to do.

So keep the pictures coming! Here are a few of mine.

My engine waiting for the Z.

SNC00041.jpg

My Z the day I bought it.

3386329282_11bff0c1ee_o.jpg

Heres how it sits now getting stripped for blasting. Feels like I'm going the wrong direction but it will be worth it in the end.

SNC00280.jpg