HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Feel weird being the one of the few Z31s here. Here are some pics from mine...

attachicon.gifSAM_0472.JPGattachicon.gifSide.jpgattachicon.gifSAM_0482.JPGattachicon.gifSAM_0477.JPG

Sweeet haha i guess due to most guys here being in California under smog laws. even s130 are rare ...

I wonder how it sounds .. the v8 rumble is not something you would expect by the looks of a z31

• 2 weeks later...

Sweeet haha i guess due to most guys here being in California under smog laws. even s130 are rare ...

I wonder how it sounds .. the v8 rumble is not something you would expect by the looks of a z31

Thanks!!!!

Sounds decent, nothing extreme. I do get some crazy looks from people when I pull up next to them. Usually older people know the sound and ask about it, everyone else just thinks that there is something wrong with it. 

I see you are in the Netherlands, I'm considering bringing it with me to England next month, not 100% sure yet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is a 355 sbc roller motor. I went with Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons - I figure I'll want a different power plant by the time the pistons need replacing, plus they're a little bit lighter. I used powdered rods, Erson roller rockers. Holley 3310 carb. Intake, aluminum heads and roller cam are all good and designed to generate power from 1,500ish rpm to 6,000ish rpm. I built it with low-end power in mind, wanted power straight from idle. Cam has specs for good power (and a nice idle too), approx 520-530 lift, but is still extremely responsive. Summit Racing electric fuel pump.  ARP bolts & studs throughout. TH350 transmission with a 2500 stall converter.

Edited by YoSammyT