BRAAP

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'm going to resurrect this thread a bit.  I've got a 91 Z32 and a LQ4 out of Chevy truck that I aquired.  I'll be replacing the intake, maybe swap heads with LS3 parts and believe it or not an automatic.  I've noticed that Holley now has a rather nice engine swap pan that should help on some clearance issues.  My big concern is going to be fitting the 4L80E in the tunnel.  I actually would prefer a 6L80E, but those things almost need a zip code they are so big.  Having 2 overdrives and a 4.027 low gear makes it very appealing.  I'm going to build NA and make sure I have room for twins, to be added later.  I am more of a ProCharger/Roots guy and will certainly be looking at that option.  I've seen rear mounted turbos a few times and need to research that a little bit too.  I would say oiling the turbos will be the big issue, that's just a thought though.  I'm more of a drag racer and have no desire to row the gears. Even thought the Z32 is a little bit portly, a powerglide would still be the best bet for drag racing, but I would like to drive this on the street.  The overdrive tranny is my only option, and my experiance with the 700R4 and the 4L60E is they don't like much more than 400Hp. I've told the 6.0 is capable of 1200hp, don't plan on getting there, but 7-800 is certainly a goal. Duttweiler used 200R4 trannys and tortured the crap out of them.  A 9 second Buick has to be a little hefty and he made those live.  Again, research needs to be done there.  I keep thinking some one will come up with a kit, but I just keep waiting.  Time to move on my own.

Looking forward to your progress . I have to wait for another 2 yrs before I can start on mine , TX emission reason . Turbo or twin turbo is going to be tough to do , not much of engine compartment room . Magnacharger w/ a hood mod., most likely , is my route for power improvement . Good luck . Make sure to post tons of pictures .