HybridZ

Looking for JTR aluminum radiator

h4nsm0l3m4n

• Administrators

I have one left, brand new in the box Ron Davis Racing radiator, been using them for the V-8 Z car. 3” thick core, all aluminum construction, Chevy in-out; $250

I am relatively local to you, out in Sandy. You can come out to pick it up and see how it fits in a 240 and/or 280 body if you like, or I can meet you in Sandy, East Gresham, Troutdale for delivery

This fits the 74 ½-’78 260-280-Z PERFECT. Here is the same exact radiator as used in my 280-Z;

280Z-V8Custom.jpg

Will also fit the ’70-74 240-260 car, though the radiator will hang down below the core support a couple inches.

RadSmall.jpg

CoreSmall.jpg

Thats an awesome deal for a radiator. The problem is that I'm going to school right now in Corvallis and I dont have much time to get out anywhere as I'm completely swamped with school projects the next two weeks. This does also mean I'm not in a hurry to get a new radiator since I wouldn't be able to install it till at least next month.

The reason I referred to the JTR radiator is it seems a pretty no-brainer install with their brackets. Since I cant actually go see it, do you mind giving me some more info on how you mounted this one into the car and I can let you know if I'm interested further based on that? My car is a 74.5 260z.

Hmm it also seems I put the thread in the wrong forum. If an admin wants to move it I will feel less stupid :)

• Administrators

OSU? :2thumbs:

This radiator does not have any mounting tabs.

For my V-8 car I used a lower strap attached to the bottom of the lower frame rail just as in the JTR manual. I used fuel hose on the strap to cushion the radiator. As can be seen in the pictures, I built “Z” brackets that capture the sides of the radiator, sandwiching it to the core support. Again I used fuel hose to cushion the radiator between the core support and the Z bracket. In this manner the radiator is allowed to “float”. I do not recommend solid mounting any radiator to the core support of he Z car, especially if the suspension is modified for performance handling.

I also used the same radiator, just a little bit shorter in our Race car. Mounting was floating style, though bit nicer this time around.

ZMedium.jpg

Radmounts.jpg

Mounts.jpg