HybridZ

hybrid turbo looking to make 350-375 is it worth it

juelz86turbogll

150323236178.jpgTO4E Turbo XS Power Hybrid T3/T4 Turbocharger hello my felow z owners i was wondering if this would be an good upgrade from the stock turbo.. i wanted to average out between 300-375 hp... on my 86 turbo.. however im new with turbo cars and before i do anything stupid like some people already did. i'd rather ask around for opinions about these hybrid turbos...

s.gif380102212753.jpgT3 T4 T3T4 T04E HYBRID TURBO CHARGER AR50 57trim

i also had this one in mind aswell because i was on the verge of buying a t3 from and another z owner to and have it rebuilt but i also heard that u can get the stock turbo from the z31 and make it hybrid i was told but i know the stock turbo won't produce that much power.. Im not trying to go all out but i just want to go fast with the head work i intend getting done thats what im on the verge of doing....

pls let me know what is my best options and what will i need to do to run this turbo if its worth it or not . or if im better off doing something to the stock turbo..:roll: like rebuilding or something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well.. if you want to be cheap.. like me.. I picked up a T3 turbo from a junkyard for like 30 bucks.. and you can upgrade a T3 Into a T3/T4 hybrid for like 400 bucks.

430 bucks for a T3/T4 name brand turbo.. Mines a Garrett Air research T3 gonna be T3/T4 soon.

If you wanna rebuild the turbo at the same time.. add another $45 to that amount.

Here.

http://www.gpopshop.com/garrettt3kits.html

Tons of cars use T3's in yards.. there a list I can pull up later.. but stock 300zx turbos can be upgraded as well.

Steve-