HybridZ

WTB - Turbo Tom setup.....$$$

Turbopants240

Hello, I am new to this forum, but not to Z's. I used to be a Nissan tech at a Z shop outside of Atlanta back in 97 - 98 and have owned many Z's. I used to have a Turbo Tom setup with water injection, but I was dumb and sold it! I am now building my F54 block and wanting another TT setup. Does anyone know if there are any out there for sale??? The more complete the better (obviously). Anyway, thank you and have a great day!

Landon

I have heard and read (on these forums) about how water injection on Datsun aluminum heads will end up turning the smooth internal surfaces into swiss cheese from the H2o abrasiveness.

It has something to with the alloy mixture when the heads were cast.

Have you used the turbo tom system on a Datsun L28 with success ??

Everything is original Tom Wyatt, III. The only thing that will not come with the Electromotive kit is the timing wheel for the crank trigger as it will still on the car. The turbo will rebuilt by Turbonetics and they added a water cooled jacket. About 2.5K miles on that build. Back in '96 it was leading edge stuff and ran hard and quick. I am told by Electromotive that this kit is still selling on places like ebay for $500 but I haven't seen it. Anyway I'll let it go for $750.00 plus shipping. Shipping probably less then $50.

Includes: intake w/carb, downpipe (3") w/rebuilt wastegate, turbo, Electromotive ignition w/o timing wheel, water injection, Moroso air cleaner.

I don't think I missed anything.

• 7 months later...

I did not end up selling it. A complete Z with TT kit is probably the same as any other Z.

Probably more related to the condition of the car than the kit, unless it has a built block.

My engine, F54, P90A, has forged pistons, "O" ringed heads.

So did you get it? That is one straight looking 240! I'll post some pics of my new 240z as I go along, I ended up getting a Lime Green '72 240Z with the original engine and tranny on a stand and a '83 L28 F54/P-79/Electromotive already installed. All rebuilt engine and turbo, pictures, brochures, guages, etc... Should be a blast!