HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

Only have to tap for brake booster and IAT sensor and weld on throttle cable bracket and its done again ;> I actually really like the way this manifold looks over the last one. 

If you search rb26 intake manifold and sort by cheapest. the first 3 or 4 that come up are the one i got. US in stock is what is in all the pics. there is one right now for 165.00 

20140611_103139_zps21a8e92a.jpg

20140611_103058_zps5a8fccf3.jpg

if you look me up on Facebook, clint stoneham I have all of my videos from last night posted. I had a couple of issues I could only boost to 25 psi. Today I found my blow off is leaking from the push lock fitting I installed when I did the intake install. It was leaking pretty bad from the top of a blow off so my guess is it didn't have enough pressure to hold it shot under boost and it was cracking open. That is fixed now everything's going back together hope to be out at the track again next Friday or Saturday.

Here is my best pass from Friday night. I had an issue were I could only boost to 25 psi. Today I found my blow off is leaking from the push lock fitting I installed when I did the intake install. It was leaking pretty bad from the top of a blow off so my guess is it didn't have enough pressure to hold it shot under boost and it was cracking open. That is fixed now everything's going back together hope to be out at the track again next Friday or Saturday.

Well only got in one pass in Saturday and we ate a tranny. The stator on the pump broke free resulting in a loss of pressure and burning up the clutches and band.

Already have a replacement glide till I can get mine rebuilt. so shooting to be out friday night for teh midnight drags where i will attempt to get into the RMR quick 15.

for those that might not know too much about a glide. The shaft thats sitting next the pump is a stator and not supposed to spin and or come out of the pump ;>

th_20140622_171815_zps29f65399.jpg

How do you like that intake manifold? I'm sick and tired of tuning ITB's with 2000cc injectors.

Does it seem to have any different power band characteristics?

I have the same manifold now but i'm using it with the OEM ITBS, just kinda nervous about how short the runner length is if i were to copy what you did.

Did you ever flow it like you had mentioned?

NO I have not flowed it yet. haven't had a real good run yet because of the tranny issues. will do that over the winter if I get motivated ;> But up to now I haven't noticed anything different. But keep in mind my old manifold was a stock manifold that had the endtank cut off and a new one welded on. the runners were the same length as the one I have now. This intake was originally designed as a bolt in replacement for a stock manifold with ITBs.

I like the way it looks ;>

BTW here is the video of the tranny failing. MPH was way off considering trap RPM lots of slippage. you can really hear the rpm fluctuations. i was thinking it was a boost and or nitrous issue.

Looking at latest logs I'm pretty much tapped out at 150 shot and 25 PSI.  Only thing I have left in it is getting the boost drop fixed and maybe adding a degree or 2 of timing on the top end. The bosch 044 has done a good job so far. May just add another.

• 3 weeks later...