HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

If you need 5 spare engines, your doing it wrong. I think the only reason you had issues was from Oil surge.. Fix that and your golden..

My motor has done quite a few passes, LOTS AND LOTS of street rape and daily driver duty over the last 6 years... its made between 420whp and 800whp its entire life, i have only had 1 issue with it ( due to my awesome tuning skills) lost a cheap cometic head gasket.

I guess being that your already setup with an RB, i just don't understand the hassle your going to go thru swapping power plants.. Might be a little cheaper but worth the hassle?? Not in my eyes!!!

But i suppose i'm Biased i have a hard on for RB engines.. 

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA yep I agree. Don't plan on having that many blocks lying around as spares.  But heres the deal. I can sell my setup turnaround and finish my rear suspension, install parachute, build 2j to make more power then my rb currently sits (means going faster) upgrade my current ECU, and still have 2K left from the sale. I love RBs don't get me wrong. just don't have the cash to sink into a drysump system. If I spin a bearing on the 2 j for the same reason (oil starvation)  I can go grab a motor from pick and pull for 150 bux, then slap all my stuff on it and be done.

In fact I plan on having a spare short block for racing season.... and on the off chance I do hurt it. I could literally in one day have the motor out and replaced. Cant do that on my budget with an RB.

That's my reasoning. redoing the setup is easy.