HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weight reduction on the black Z. think the BAMF over fenders will fix this ;> Believe it or not the inner structure is good. I guess i flexed in and popped back out. just dented the panel itself. so it should be real easy to just re-skin it. ;>

DSC04664.jpg

the pile under the fender is rubber!!!

DSC04663.jpg

panel to be installed

DSC04665.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got a call from the chassis guy. he's building me a custom fuel cell that conforms to the frame in the back.... anyways he called today to ask what size fittings i needed!!! this is cool because this means the tank is almost done. once the tank is done the rear end goes back in the car and it's ready for pickup!!!! then i get to replace the rear 1/4 panels and start re-wiring the car and installing all the plumbing :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

going to be a nice winter project ;>

Well just a tad bit more cleaning up the weld areas and the panel will be ready to weld on. trying to decide if i want to invest in a welder or just pay a body shop to do it.

Anyways here are some pics of the panel hanging.

Because the wheelbase has been extended the wheel wells will have to be stretched.

DSC04690_thumb.jpg