HybridZ

Started my mold

MastersMechanic

FARK ME!!!!

That looks tough as....

It needs some small round lights hidden behind the grille, next to the main lights, pretty much in line with the holes in the radiator support panel.

You can sort of see what it'd look like in the first pic where the hole is semi visible.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dig that I love the look of the OLD SCHOOL skylines, I always thought it looked import muscle tough!!!! Now thats old school modern muscle tough!!!!! best of all 3 worlds! If you want to make an extra one and ship it here Ill take it lol..... But wow someday Ima buy a body kit.. I'd rather buy that alone instead of an entire body kit!

• 7 months later...

Sorry to resurect a thread, but I thought that posting in thhis thread rather then starting a new one would be better descision.

I am the new owner of this 280z, yea the one with the fiberglass on the front=p

So It's going to be a month before I get to do any actual work on it. This summer (since I am a college student) I am going to put an interior in it, drop a 400 sbc in it, and finish off the bumper and misc as necesary. Overall plans for rthe car is a mile long list, but next year I am going to do more significant work I hope, like manual trans swap, power steering, and new power plant with obx rear end.

So right now, where I need the most help, would be the fiberglass. If you followed the thread you will notice that MasterMechanic never made a negative cast from the mold. currently, the fiberglass is attached to the car via self tapping screws into the fender.

What would I like to do? well I'd like to take the mold, add round foglights in it, bevel that lip back. Going to put an aluminum lip spliter from the radiator support forward to add stregnth to the bumper. I was thinking about maybe adding some brake vents as well.

So I could really use some information on the types of glass to use, and the steps I should go through to do this. My dad and I are both fairly good glassers, but we have never made a cast of something.

Thanks in advance, you guys have been an excellent source of information.

I am not certain if I am going to actually sell it. Chances are 50% right now depending on how my glass experience goes. Plus the fact of having a one of a kind is cool. I will definately be keeping the mold in case I get people who back into me or something. You could expect to know if I have these availible for sale by the end of Auguest. If they do go for sale, it will be a limmited offer and only a few productions.

It's the last of the V8's Max! Look at the Blowah!"

That thing reminds me of Max Rockatanskies Falcoln to no end.

You need a big ass blower sticking through the hood though. NEED!

...and an angry dog and a shot gun.

see the attachment for what I was thinking.

tinted lights and all

cahrge.bmp

I am not certain if I am going to actually sell it. Chances are 50% right now depending on how my glass experience goes. Plus the fact of having a one of a kind is cool. I will definately be keeping the mold in case I get people who back into me or something. You could expect to know if I have these availible for sale by the end of Auguest. If they do go for sale, it will be a limmited offer and only a few productions.

Now that is some possible good news :)

I am debating attempting something like this myself, some of you may have seen my build thread that documents the front end damage that my car has taken before I purchased it.

I believe that I am going to probably start with a 08-10 Challenger front fascia and modify it from there. the Challenger is wider than the 280z but I believe that it could be sliced and spliced together.

This would also allow use to use the Challenger headlights as well to keep it nice.

Yea, I am still considering my options with what I have. It's hard to try and dream up game plans when you are a few hundred miles away from your car :(

@zsteelman- If I had started with a car with front end damage I might consider the same, but the last pictures you saw are what I started with. I might end up going that route if I see it easier.

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...