HybridZ

Started my mold

MastersMechanic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of irrelevant... but what type of glue did you use to stick the layers of foam together? When I tried doing something similar the glue (elmers wood glue, lol) was much harder than the foam, made it a PITA to get nice smooth lines.

Back on subject... very neat so far. Are you going to make side skirts and a rear to match?

Dan5138

Kind of irrelevant... but what type of glue did you use to stick the layers of foam together?

That is a relevent question. I used contact spray glue. You just spray it on both pieces and wait a minute, stick them together and they are locked, no need to wait along time for the glue to dry either.

I don't think I will make side skirts, since I cut out the rear panel for the exhaust exit.

12467_thumb.attach

I really think you have something here.. I would definitely consider doing other pieces to blend the front end with the rest of the car. If the whole car had the look of your front end youll have a cool looking car! Keep up the good work!

Do you happen to have any pics of the original front end? I though it was pretty cool too.

Dan5138

Kind of irrelevant... but what type of glue did you use to stick the layers of foam together?

That is a relevent question. I used contact spray glue. You just spray it on both pieces and wait a minute, stick them together and they are locked, no need to wait along time for the glue to dry either.

I don't think I will make side skirts, since I cut out the rear panel for the exhaust exit.

Where are you routing your exhaust? I took a few good looks at the way the frame is shaped, and couldn't come up with a sane place for the exhaust to exit back there. Are you running it inside the cabin? Or routing it back to the axle, then back forward? Or are you just hacking apart the little storage bins behind the seats and running it through there? What's the plan?

Where are you routing your exhaust? I took a few good looks at the way the frame is shaped, and couldn't come up with a sane place for the exhaust to exit back there. Are you running it inside the cabin? Or routing it back to the axle, then back forward? Or are you just hacking apart the little storage bins behind the seats and running it through there? What's the plan?

that is a good question. I looked at Darius car and thought I need the same exhaust outlets. I thought long and hard (I don't know if I really want to answer any questions on how I did it, as there will be lots of structual debates on what I came up with) anyway; I cut the panel in front of the storage compartments, drilled a 3+ inch hole in the quarter panel and welded a piece of 3/16"x 3" stainless tubing thru the quarter panel. I then rivited a piece of stainless to the quarter panel and welded the tubing to it for a clean look. still needs finished and the new floor finished but what is starting a new project before you finish the other 100 you started and never finished.:-(

p.s. I am planing on putting baddog rails on and stiffing up the chasiss with tubing. so please don't flame to bad;-)

I'm diggin the big ol' steel wheels. Wonder how a set would look with zg flares?

My goal was to have 295 60 15 all the way around with zg flares. still might I just hope someday I'll quit changing everything and just finish it. I would rather have small winter projects and drive it in the summer, then keep changing my mind and never being able to drive it. It has been 4 years since it was last road worthy, and it was perfectly fine then.

At first I didn't care for your design. After your last pics it started to grow on me. Now that you mentioned the zg flares, I can start to see something that will be quite interesting when done. I still have a problem with the flatness of the nose, and might like it more if it followed the line of the windshield at the hood line. Great work so far, keep up the good work.

This is absolutely awesome! When I saw the first pics of what you were doing I thought it was going to be ugly. Now that you have "rounded" out the sides a bit, I really like the look. You should do a similar look for the rear. Take out the tails and weld the recessed area flat so you have a sunk in look like the front. Then add in some round tail lights. This is just how I envision the rear end looking. I'm sure you have plans for the rear, right?

Hats off to you man!

Adam Silver