HybridZ

Headlight options.

Pharaohabq

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dapper hids are ridiculously amazing, i honestly wouldnt own another z/zx (or car with 7" rounds) without them, they not only look great, they work amazingly, never had any issues with mine that i got almost 2 years ago and been daily driving the car since.

We love to hear this! :2thumbs:

• 7 months later...

I got a good look at a new Fiat 500 the other day and it reminded me of this thread.

Anybody have one and care to take some measurements? I like the idea of proper projector HIDs with an integrated blinker wrapped up in a nice angled housing; not to mention they have a nice blacked out version for some of the upper trimmed models.

My standby has. Always been those Michigan State Police 100/130W H4's in a conventional housing.

The HID conversions have an attractive draw of being lower ampere draw, but every kit I've seen that claims to be "Drop-In H4 Conversion" has had terrible lighting...sometimes lots of terrible lighting, and no ability to swap Hi/Lo properly. The 510 Guys have it made with being able to swap BMW 5" HID's into their rides relatively easily!

• 1 month later...

Curious do the Dapper hid's use the morimoto mini h1 projector? 

The projectors are a very common projector bought and sold in Asia. Other companies have branded them as Morimoto and I believe are their "matchbox" projector.

Our units are within a few MM of a stock H6024. The "Mini H1" will add you another inch of length on the backside not to mention the PITA of retrofitting. :bonk:

• 7 months later...

Found a set of practically new Fiat 500 projectors for less than $150 shipped, so I pulled the trigger on them and then picked up some FRP headlight scoops to modify.

Probably won't get around to actually mounting and cutting for some time, but everything looks good on initial inspection!

IMG_20130911_134249_672-1_zps65227184.jp

IMG_20130911_134341_086-1_zps04f279c0.jp

IMG_20130911_134359_465-1_zpsc8a2fda5.jp

Proper HID's and using the amber light in the headlight as the front blinker is the eventual goal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread had me doing a bit of homework on the Truck-lite LED's. Then I found a local truck supply shop in town had them in stock at $210 CAD each. A quick drive down an unlit road at night made me realized how badly I needed them so I pulled the trigger the next day. As mentioned, they install just like stock, and the difference in output is literally night and day. Cut-off is very sharp as well. 

post-1936-0-92688300-1433349909_thumb.jpg

High Beam

post-1936-0-14625300-1433350007_thumb.jpg

Low Beam

post-1936-0-66533000-1433349936_thumb.jpg

Low Beam Cutoff

post-1936-0-20775200-1433349949_thumb.jpg

Did these fit into the stock buckets?

This thread had me doing a bit of homework on the Truck-lite LED's. Then I found a local truck supply shop in town had them in stock at $210 CAD each. A quick drive down an unlit road at night made me realized how badly I needed them so I pulled the trigger the next day. As mentioned, they install just like stock, and the difference in output is literally night and day. Cut-off is very sharp as well. 

attachicon.gifIMG_30092.JPG

High Beam

attachicon.gifIMG_30121.JPG

Low Beam

attachicon.gifIMG_30111.JPG

Low Beam Cutoff

attachicon.gifIMG_30171.JPG

Sweet.  If I didn't already have an HID kit I would have definitely gone this way.

Well, I hadn't really thought about doing an HID setup on my car, but I was at the Good Guys show in NorCal last weekend and met Ben at the Dapper booth.  Needless to say, I ended up spending money with them actually see thing in person.  I had seen reference to them on here and didn't think too much about it, but since I do end up driving back & forth to Sebring (which is a 1 lane each way road for an hour with virtually no lighting), I figured it would be a good idea to upgrade.  (lots of wild boar out there)  

So, my Z will be looking "Dapper" next month.  ;^)