HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take that to mean 'pan and pickup', but yeah, right there with you, with the pickup I'm into the setup for $460.

Beyond that, I had two front sump pans that I was going to somehow frankenstein (with my amateur fab skills) into one rear sump :D

Good answers, keep 'em coming!

I paid about $500 for the pan and sump.

I'll take that to mean 'pan and pickup', but yeah, right there with you, with the pickup I'm into the setup for $460.

Beyond that, I had two front sump pans that I was going to somehow frankenstein (with my amateur fab skills) into one rear sump :D

Good answers, keep 'em coming!

Doh! Yup, that's what I meant. Pan and pick up.

• 4 weeks later...

Its the same price as always, its a full custom kit with pickup to suit whatever motor you have, extreemly time consuming and high quality, nzd1850 including shipping.

We can add breather fittings and/or oil temp sensor boss at no extra charge if required.

Several sold to the US and Canada, very positive feedback.

Rob

No doubt that your pans are HIGH quality, but $1300 US is a lot of change. That's half the price of a front clip. Any chance you'll be making a more budget orientated pan? Something simple, not designed for an all out race motor.

• 5 months later...

Well, maybe someone started a new thread or something, but I'll necropost here on this one...

Anyone see McKinney's site lately? He's listing the new custom rear sump pan for the conversion!

Don't kill the messenger when you see the price

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EDIT: which is not too bad considering stock pans going for over $400 and other custom pans going for even more)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(at bottom of linked page)

http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_240+260+280Z+parts

Edited by BenJammin

Well, maybe someone started a new thread or something, but I'll necropost here on this one...

Anyone see McKinney's site lately? He's listing the new custom rear sump pan for the conversion!

Don't kill the messenger when you see the price.

(at bottom of linked page)

http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_240+260+280Z+parts

Working on a steel pan and a second supplier on the alum pan to see if we can get pricing down a little, BUT you get what you pay for QUAILTY craftmanship cost... Mack

Working on a steel pan and a second supplier on the alum pan to see if we can get pricing down a little, BUT you get what you pay for QUAILTY craftmanship cost... Mack

Hey Mack, no problems here on your price. Would I like to see it cheaper? Of course! But I know what it takes to make something quality (and make it worthwhile to do so). I wasn't stomping on the pricing, I just know how people on the boards can be sometimes and didn't want to get flamed just for letting people know.

Actually, with the stock ones going for over $400, and RIPZ pan going for more than yours, I think you aimed at the middle pretty good.

Edited by BenJammin

Hey Mack, no problems here on your price. Would I like to see it cheaper? Of course! But I know what it takes to make something quality (and make it worthwhile to do so). I wasn't stomping on the pricing, I just know how people on the boards can be sometimes and didn't want to get flamed just for letting people know.

Actually, with the stock ones going for over $400, and RIPZ pan going for more than yours, I think you aimed at the middle pretty good.

Thanks!! We know times are hard out there and $$$ is tight, we will do our best to help the Z-guys be able to make ther dreams/plans come true.

Mack