HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

Ok, so I finally got to the point were I can drop my rb26 into my Z so I decided to purchase a z31 rb20 oil pan. Well guess what? Nissan USA discontinued the part number. I contacted at least a dozen US retailer and no one had it on stock. I asked if they can source it from Japan or Canada and they were like....."We don't know". Needless to say, I got no answer.

:cry2:

So second option. I took the AWD tranny to the machine shops and explained to them that I needed the tranaxle and flanges cut off, the holes plugged and welded, and move the sump to the back via cut and re-weld...they looked at my like "are you crazy?". I was thinking "...and you call yourself a machine shop?"

:cuss:

So the question is does anyone have a Z31 rb20 rear facing oil pan they don't need or knows where I can source one (not the front sump rb20 pans, found that out the hard way)? Anyone from Canada know of any dealers that can still get them? How about a custom pan for our swaps that they no longer need? Or if you know a reputable shop than can customize an aluminum or modify the awd pan in the Northern California area or Souther Oregon area (I spend my time in both areas)?

:icon12:

P.S. - I plan to go external pick-up so I didn't check on #15050-20P03, which is the matching oil pick-up tube for the z31 rb20 pan, so they might have discontinued that as well.

Thanks.:-D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll call tomorrow and make sure, but I don't think its NLA.

Discontinued might be possible, but NLA... I doubt it. It should still be available... and if not, I'm going to wrap the one I have and put it in a safety deposit box. :P

I have 3 options for you.

Either I can make you a rear sump from a front pan RB20 sump that will suit the RB26 and supply the pickup to suit.....

Or... I can supply a brand new stock rear pan sump and custom 26 pick up......

Or....I can supply a brand new rear pan sump which has been modified, high capacity, baffled with surge tank, breathers and a custom pickup.

E-mail me rips@inspire.net.nz if your interested

Rob

Its true Raff....I have confirmed it about a month ago.

I'll call tomorrow and make sure, but I don't think its NLA.

Discontinued might be possible, but NLA... I doubt it. It should still be available... and if not, I'm going to wrap the one I have and put it in a safety deposit box. :P

Thanks Rob, I sent you an email.

I have 3 options for you.

Either I can make you a rear sump from a front pan RB20 sump that will suit the RB26 and supply the pickup to suit.....

Or... I can supply a brand new stock rear pan sump and custom 26 pick up......

Or....I can supply a brand new rear pan sump which has been modified, high capacity, baffled with surge tank, breathers and a custom pickup.

E-mail me rips@inspire.net.nz if your interested

Rob

Well I'm right back in the boat with you guys. The pan I got from ebay was for a 25. Thats what I get for not looking at the part# close enough :( My first step towards the 26 swap is an epic fail. And I guess there really isn't a way to mod the 25 pan to work right????

I've had about 6 or 7 guys contact me today about doing proper high quality, high capacity rear pan RB25 or 26 oil pan and pickup kits for 240z.

I've given prices and if a few of you get together its going to save quite a bit.

Only thing I'll have to check is availability and time scale for multiple units, I know I have access to 1 or 2 new rear pan sumps right now though.

Rob

RIPSNZ wrote:

I've had about 6 or 7 guys contact me today about doing proper high quality, high capacity rear pan RB25 or 26 oil pan and pickup kits for 240z.

I've given prices and if a few of you get together its going to save quite a bit.

Only thing I'll have to check is availability and time scale for multiple units, I know I have access to 1 or 2 new rear pan sumps right now though.

Are the prices public some where? I seem to have missed that info if so... thanks Rob

joel

Edited by J. Soileau RB26zcar
Added RIPSNZ quote in...

I got mine from nismoparts.com a few months ago for $160. The Z31 RB20 pickup is also NLA. I modified my front sump pickup to work with the rear sump pan.

You can't just cut the pan and rotate it 180deg as the angle of the pan bottom will be the opposite from the way the engine is tilted.

Pete

Are the prices public some where? I seem to have missed that info if so... thanks Rob

joel

I was told:

All in, door to door, new rear pan modified to high capacity w/surg tank, baffles, breathers, includes custom pickup. $930 for , or $779 if we can get 5 to 7 people to purchase. (1850 NZD / 1550 NZD).

What do you think?

For those of you just starting out in this endeavor I would jump on this. As a matter of fact I am, I just paypal'ed Rob for the whole setup. I have the slightly modified 200zr pan that I will gladly sell for the price I paid for it from nismo after I get my new setup from Rob. But, for you RB25/26 guys the sump is inadequate and you will still have to make a pickup. If your a fabricator, know what you're doing and have the time then knock yourself out. I on the other hand am an ameture and don't have the time. I will easily have $10k in the motor, tranny, mounts, wireing, gauges, etc. and for less than $1k I am going to have an expertly made parts by a world class fabricator that will eliminate that crap I cobbled together and protect my investment up to 1000+ hp. For Christ's sake the guy has the fastest 240Z in the world, that just sounds cool. This is a steal deal.

For those of you just starting out in this endeavor I would jump on this. As a matter of fact I am, I just paypal'ed Rob for the whole setup. I have the slightly modified 200zr pan that I will gladly sell for the price I paid for it from nismo after I get my new setup from Rob. But, for you RB25/26 guys the sump is inadequate and you will still have to make a pickup. If your a fabricator, know what you're doing and have the time then knock yourself out. I on the other hand am an ameture and don't have the time. I will easily have $10k in the motor, tranny, mounts, wireing, gauges, etc. and for less than $1k I am going to have an expertly made parts by a world class fabricator that will eliminate that crap I cobbled together and protect my investment up to 1000+ hp. For Christ's sake the guy has the fastest Z in the world, that just sounds cool. This is a steal deal.

Amen. I think I'll probably jump on it too, even though I don't have the $ right now, the ol' CC is going to have to come out :lol:

I was told:

All in, door to door, new rear pan modified to high capacity w/surg tank, baffles, breathers, includes custom pickup. $930 for , or $779 if we can get 5 to 7 people to purchase. (1850 NZD / 1550 NZD).

What do you think?

I'd like to see pics of it all laid out where we can see exactly what your getting. I know Rob is the Man when it comes to RB fabrication... I'd just like to see it first :)

I'd like to see pics of it all laid out where we can see exactly what your getting. I know Rob is the Man when it comes to RB fabrication... I'd just like to see it first :)

Yup, I'm sure it will a quality product, but let's let Rob figure out the details first. I'm thinking this will work out well. So how do the group buys work?