HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is just out of curiosity, but it might help some people:

The RB26 has 2 bolt patterns on the bottom. One works for the stock oil pan with the windage trays, the other one works with the 200zr oil pan. So does the RB20/25 have two bolt patterns also? Or do they only have one, which works with the 200zr bolt pattern?

Ahh, ok, that explains it. I was not disputing the internal mods needed, I thought we were talking bolt pattern...

Back to the regular scheduled programing.... :)

touche! i read that exact same thing before also...all that research for the swap...one of the MANY things i read up on.

lets move on. :icon2::icon2::icon2::icon2:

OT: Your screen name and location appear to be at odds with each other.

Seriously? Or is that just some sly ironic trickery?

lol it does seem to be a little ironic

Then again over there skylines are like the mustangs of the usa same thing with Silvia's

or he just used the name to start some feedback since his sig sends you to a skyline page ...

I don't think the McKinney pan (or any RB20/RB25 pan) will work for you on the RB26 block unless you plan on doing more mods to it.

RB26 has two bolt patterns for the oil pan so RB20/25 pans will fit as well as the RB26 pans. We have been doing it for 13 years With the RB20 ZR200 pan... Mods required are modified or new pick-up...

RB26 has two bolt patterns for the oil pan so RB20/25 pans will fit as well as the RB26 pans. We have been doing it for 13 years With the RB20 ZR200 pan... Mods required are modified or new pick-up...

Yeah, sorry about that Mac, I reckon I made too many assumptions about a pan that wasn't even produced yet !

But as far as the stock ZR/RB20 pan on the RB26 block, the mods I assumed that had to be made were always part of the sticky on this thread from Stony (about clearance on the front main bearing caps/'retainers' and oil passage issues) not necessarily all mods directly to the pan itself, but the overall message I got from it that it wasn't necessarily "plug and play".

Jeez, all I did here is repeat info from a [respected] sticky and I've had to defend my statements multiple times, damn :mad: !

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a heads up guys, I have probably the last 200zr pan I know of in Canada, its up for sale in the classifieds, brand new. If your looking for something to prototype a commercial pan this is a immaculate example, if I wasn't in school this was going to be my plan.

Cheers

Chris Crombie

Has anyone tried West Covina Nissan for the pan? They also have great prices on the N1 oil pump and N1 water pump

New N1 Oil Pump> $187 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-P...Q5fAccessories

New N1 Water Pump> $261 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...=p4506.c0.m245

My friend who lives out in CA says they are the best. I haven't talked to them about an oil pan but I would imagine their response is like everywhere else. :(