HybridZ

Wanted, your old Z car auto trans, dead or alive, $100!

BRAAP

• Administrators

Transmission shop in California is paying $100 per auto trans, as many as they can get their hands on. I just got off the phone with Kevin, the owner and this is still a GO! Others have verified this is legit as Kevin bought their trans.

For those local to me in the Greater Portland OR area wanting to get rid of your old Z car auto trans, I have agreed to be a drop off for combined build shipping, I get nothing for this, just trying to help out.

If you can get me your old Auto Trans by Friday, March 13th, that would be great. He is paying $100 per trans! We are in Sandy OR, just east of Gresham. PM or Email me for exact address.

Hi everyone. I own Mission Viejo Transmission in Mission Viejo California. We have a contract to retrofit some little trucks from China from manuals to automatics. The only transmission that will fit is the 3N71b rear wheel drive transmissions that came mainly in the Z cars from 1971 to 1982. We don't even care if they work' date=' we will buy them from you for [b']$100 a piece[/b], we will pick them up anywhere. We need 300+ transmissions. We have already delivered 338 of them rebuilt and ready to go. Look for those junk units for me. I also need extension housings 13 1/4 to 13 1/2 inches long and torque converters. At this time we are looking for non-lock 3N71b transmissions as many as you can find.

Kevin 949-583-1828 dojnbulets@aol.com

Paul Ruschman

braapZ350@hotmail.com

i have 2 one from a 72 240z and one from a 81 zxt...but im in tennessee if thats not a problem

Heads up to you zx guys ,anything later then 1973 will NOT BE a 3N71B.

It will be a 4N71B which is a 3spd with OD. And if you don't belive me it is very easy to ID. it will say on the side of the main case 3N71B. Also the OD trans has about a 6 in long housing between the bellhousing and the main case, so if its in the car that is an easy way to id it.

Heads up to you zx guys ,anything later then 1973 will NOT BE a 3N71B.

It will be a 4N71B which is a 3spd with OD. And if you don't belive me it is very easy to ID. it will say on the side of the main case 3N71B. Also the OD trans has about a 6 in long housing between the bellhousing and the main case, so if its in the car that is an easy way to id it.

1970-1983 Zs never came factory with a 3 speed + OD. All of them were 1:1 final ratio 3 speeds.

He is a good guy to deal with and the check cleared. I tried to give the automatic away on craigslist but no one wanted it. A Hybrider let me know about this guy and good thing too. A much better deal than hauling it to the dump!

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

I have a perfect one from my 810 project for Kevin. I emailed him after you posted this thread and I got no reply. Maybe because I am on the other coast and shipping might not make it feasible?

I guess I can call him when I have a minute.

Paul,

I have a perfect one from my 810 project for Kevin. I emailed him after you posted this thread and I got no reply. Maybe because I am on the other coast and shipping might not make it feasible?

I'm just as east as you are, and when I emailed him I got a reply within a couple hours.

• Administrators
Paul,

Yeah, just give him a call. He usually is the one that answers the phone, every time that I have called any how.

Speaking of which, I need to call him today. I have shipment ready for pick up on Monday. :2thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Ok, got a hold of him. Still trying to ID my transmission.

He said if you look at the transmission from the bell housing side youll see 2 splined shafts. One inside the other. Pull the inner one out of the outer shaft and if there is an O-ring you have the wrong transmission.

Im still trying to pull the shaft out. It really doesnt seem like it comes out but what do I know.

Ok, turns out my transmission is a 4 sp, never really noticed it. So the shaft isnt supposed to come out... bye bye 100 dollas. :(